Prestatyn Flower Show



My Vegetable trug was not placed which was very disappointing but I did win two first places (in the 3 Roses and Granny's basket categories) and one second ( for my beetroot!). So three prizes out of 6 entries isn't too bad. Hazel got a second for her granny basket! and two seconds for her baking, so she was pleased as punch

The rain kept off for most of the day, and George enjoyed himself being the centre of attention from the score of terrier loving old ladies that lurk around these things. Ann won best in show for her floral art,Janet got a second for her cut flowers and Tim a second for his herbaceous cut flowers, so the family did fairly well





















My new hen house has arrived this afternoon in 18 separate pieces and I have been very hands on by erecting it from scratch, which is all a bit masculine for me! Even managed to wood stain it too. The structure isn't the most robust of hen houses, so I suspect I may have to reinforce it before the hens are installed. A fox could break into the base of it fairly easily, that's the problem with cheaper materials. Hummm message to self, do not buy hen houses from e bay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes