A lesson learnt and a pickling marathon


Having a haircut takes it out of Meg and she has spent the evening curled up fast asleep dreaming of matted hair and blow dryers. In between sorting her out ( an hour's round trip to the dog "salon") I went down to Janet's to help her with her old cat Hattie, who she was having put down at home after a long illness. The vet and animal nurse that carried out the euthanasia were the epitome of professionalism and could have taught many medical doctors and nurses how to deal with patients with sympathy and thoughtfulness but even so Janet was awfully upset. I was very glad to help,though I am afraid that it did remind me of loosing Finlay a great deal.


Picked my shallots this afternoon and in the next 24 hours I hope to pickle at least 5 pans full!!! Chris is a picked onion fiend, so I am preparing to hide jam jars all over the house. My award winning Beetroot will be pickled later this week and ,my second large crop of potatoes need pulling too as the girls at work are desperate!
Chris had a session of hypnotism this afternoon to help with the dreaded ciggies! I am not sure that he actually felt the benefit of the session, but I think going was a very positive move in itself

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes