It's all in the preparation


My Granny basket is camper than Graham Norton shopping at Cole Brothers, and received envious glances from Hazel at the setting up Of the Prestatyn Flower Show! this evening.
I do enjoy the whole pre-show ritual of bringing in the exhibits as there is a definite camaraderie between the exhibitors! which is rather reassuring and old fashioned, and it does give you the feeling of "community", which is lacking so much in our every day lives.






was particularly pleased with my vegetable trug, although it took bloody ages to tie up my shallots and polish my marrow ( with olive oil!) For those who are remotely interested the large white tuber in the front of the trug is NOT a parsnip but a whopper monster radish! haha my secret weapon!
The other entries include my climbing roses, 5 salad potatoes (looking remarkably like pork sausages), three impressive beetroots and some cut flowers from my back garden.
The beetroots do look like something John Mills threw at the Germans in Ice Cold In Alex.
(also buffed up with olive oil and tons of kitchen roll)



It has taken me all soddin day to organise this lot, here's hoping for a positive result tomorrow





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes