....I wasn't the weakest link.......hello!

Today has been rather surreal. Rain, rain and more rain. The chicken run seems awash with floodwater and mud and the girls all look like extras from The Poseidon Adventure. So I was happy to have a change and go for my "interview" for the weakest link at Bangor. My fellow "interviewees" were a mixed bunch and we all looked fairly sodden when waiting for things to kick off, in rather a scruffy hotel overlooking Bangor pier. My fellows included a middle aged woman originally from Kent (who had two plastic hips , 4 children and a scoliosis problem), a middle aged publican (and drinker), a painter and decorator (in his white overalls!), a pregnant professional 30 something with self image problems, an overweight bloke who played in a heavy rock band and a camp trainee school teacher who loved hospital radio and who obviously wanted to be on tele! Apart from myself and the painter all the others took the exercises that were set for us terribly seriously. We did the usual warm up introductions with Ben and Toby ( the 12 year old researchers! one tall,blond and "Mr Nasty", the other camp,pot-bellied and friendly), then were tested on our general knowledge. After coffee we then played The Weakest Link and then finally were interviewed in depth (yeah right!!!) on camera. It was all very funny and unreal, and I did enjoy when Toby slagged each one of us in turn (aka Ann), the middle aged woman was asked "How long have you been dressing far too young for your age?" which threw her slightly! Camp teen teacher, tried to be clever when asked if he dressed a bit gay! I was chuffed that all Toby could slag off was my "two tone" beard! which I said that Chris thought was distinguished!
It was all very silly and fun, and it would be nice to get chance to play the game for real in London! as it would be lovely to catch up with Nu!


Got home at one pm and took the dogs for their wettest walk of the year on the beach, it is now early evening and only just feel dry
Just checked on the girls, who are all still soaked and looking bedraggled, pity they don't drink hot tea....I would have made them all one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes