an awful shift and salsa comes to Wales

Yesterday's shift was truly awful. The family of a desperately sick woman I was looking after disintegrated into long term feuds and fallings out and we almost had a punch up at the bedside, which was incredibly sad. I find this sort of thing unpleasant but by no means impossible to deal with, and in the end had to be sharp and very directive with all individuals involved, very much like authoritative daddy. The Filipino nurses all disappeared as culturally they do not deal with confrontation well, preferring the more technical part of ITU work. I know I am a fairly average technician but am good with the more touchy feely part of the job. Mind you coping with anger,recriminations and tears as well as a desperately sick patient after 12 hours was all a bit much last night so I did let my hair down rather quickly at Denbigh town hall's SALSA night! The salsa band was excellent,the venue rather deco, the wine cheap and nasty and company (Hazel and her brother and sister in law) friendly and fun. I didn't dance but did enjoy watching Chris shaking his stuff, and got ladled into the car at 11pm for home!


Today went for a lovely blow on the beach and after The Archers Omnibus (now) we are off to an afternoon concert in Llandudno!
Duncan and Izzy sent us the photo of us all on Llandudno's Great Orme

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes