Touching bases

Finally caught up with Nuala in Liverpool yesterday morning, and it was good to be able to give her a hug, a bunch of flowers and some time. I cannot believe that Nancy has hung on for 9 days and the family vigil at her bedside must be a total nightmare. Her tight-knit family is blessed with an infectious sense of humour which has been sorely tested time and again over the past 2 weeks, and are coping....just!


Got to Sheffield mid afternoon and went shopping to Cole Brothers and bought a shirt that was, .....wait for it.........A MEDIUM!!!!!!!!!!!! I have bought a MEDIUM sized shirt!!!!!!! I was so excited as I cannot really remember when I last wore a medium ANYTHING!


Popped in to see Mike, Bev and Maisie then sporting my MEDIUM shirt I went to ALL BAR ONE, to meet Jane. When I was waiting for her to turn up, touched base with friends Vince and Peter who were having a bottle or two of Chardonnay! They have not seen me for a long time and I absolutely loved their comment of how well and slim I looked........it has been a long long time since I had such a good preen! (have I ever?)


Jane as usual was fab and after too many wines and gossip we caught up with Kim at Sarah's house. Both Sarah and Kim looked great! (I have no pics of Kim but this one of Anne Heche is almost a dead ringer for her) Living in St Albans means that we all don't really get a chance to catch up with Kim very often which is a shame , I miss her.

Absolutely knackered this afternoon, so it is great to be sat in front of the fire relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes