Saturday & Sunday treats and the art of barter

Sorrel enjoyed Osborn House and I must admit the food was lovely.(The picture makes the place looks like a tart's dressing room, but honest the place is pretty classy looking) We had another treat today as we went out to lunch at Prestatyn's Bistro,and the food there was very comforting and and very different to the classy over-the-top grub in Llandudno! Sorrel cracks me up, cos after a couple of large reds she chatters like a character created by Alan Benett!-
anyhow as I am writing this Chris is asleep on the couch and Sorrel is busy watching The Queen on dvd!

I have been acquiring the skill of barter and swaps in developing the allotment! Already I have organised a steady supply of water from next door's outside tap in return for 6 eggs weekly and Ned is servicing a petrol strimmer I am to acquire from Andrew for more eggs. The local farmer (with a ruddy face the size of a large pillow) has delivered my vast water containers today and Ann and her friends from the Prestatyn co-operative allotment has drip fed me seedlings of a whole variety of veg! Having more contacts through the Trelawnyd Flower Show committee may be of use to! I hope so.


Slightly colder and rainy today! At least the garden looks a bit fresher!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes