My trendy mother-in-law and hen naming...


Sorrel is visiting and is now sporting a new trendy hairdo to go with her trendy apparel. She has a pathalogical hatred of everything feathered, so to get her walking around a chicken coop is a thing to observe (and indeed photograph)
Today we have been doing relaxing things like walking the dogs on the beach and coffee, later we are all off to Osborn House in llandudno for a meal with Janet and Ned and Andrew and Jayne.
Lying in bed this morning I have finally named the new arrivals! The four red ambers all look alike, so I have christened them the NOLAN SISTERS, as do the white Rockets who have been named THE ANDREWS SISTERS!
I know I have four whites and there were only three Andrews girls, but hey that's life.
The dark Grey hen is to be known as WHOOPIE (after Whoopie Goldberg in Ghost, as she looks pretty Ghost-like) and the little light Grey/blue hen I have called BABY JANE! as she has big dark circles under her eyes like Bette Davis! The last two remaining girls were easy to pick as the large white and brown Sussex is now MILDRED PIERCE (well we had to have one Joan to one Bette) and the big busty golden hen I have called RAQUEL WELSH! (for obvious reasons)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes