Thursday


When a pet dies interested on lookers either "get" your grief or they don't, I guess it is the simple difference between pet owners and non pet owners. Grief is a concept we all understand, that is plain and simple. But grief over a dog, only a pet owner can truly appreciate. Its just the way of things.
(RIGHT: Chris found this pic of Fin and I on his computer and e mailed it me this morning)

Got up far too early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, so did what all middle aged gay men do at difficult times.......I cleaned the house from top to bottom. Finished around 8am and fell asleep under our glorious 1940 eiderdown on the bed. Meg was fast asleep next to me when I awoke, not in any Anthropomorphic supportive type way, but in a needy "I know something is wrong and I have to be reassured-way." We all went to the beach as usual, and of course it felt dreadfully wrong to have three dogs and not four, and there and then the grief hits you, like a bolt out of the blue. It has been like this all day.
The weather was dreadful today but I did manage to plant some violas and aqualegia on Fin's grave. Lost another pound too (total weight loss 10.5lbs) after the weigh-in at Fatfighters this afternoon, which I think was a miracle after drinking most of a bottle of wine last night and chomping half a tube of pringles!!!. Sat through the "inspirational" chat afterwards, but I didn't really listen. A shitty day all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes