Big Music

Jerome Moross wrote one great movie score and I could never believe he did not win an oscar for his magnificent musical theme for the 1958 film The Big Country (1958) which I listened to all the way home from work tonight!!!!!! It is my very favourite western, for many reasons other than the music (which can only be surpassed by the theme from Magnificent Seven) , It has Gregory Peck at his most virtuous ,Charlton Heston at his most handsome and Jean Simmons at her most beautiful! Was she actually quoted as saying during the long and arduous shoot "Who do I have to fuck to get off this picture?" Think I will watch the dvd later!
Love Burl Ives shouting at his no-good son Churck Conners " Crawl, you act like a dog, crawl like one! Crawl I said, crawl! ".....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes