Granny's bonnet and a granny's oscar!

Couldn't blog yesterday as I was so tired after an incredibly busy twelve hour shift where I ended up having three high dependency patients throughout the day! Today caught up with Janet and after the usual beach walk we went to Colwyn Bay to review the items for Roger's Jones antique auction, which takes place tomorrow. Saw a nice old oak table which I did but a commission bit on, but I am not too hopefull as I suspect the price of it will exceed the my maximum price!

We sneaked down to Meliden to the open ground near the old cottage at Cefn-y-grwych and complete with black bin bags and garden trowels we dug up a load of snowdrops to relocate into our respective gardens. Bit naughty really, as it is illegal to dig up wild flowers, but I figured that it would be ok to relocate these as they are going to thrive in a country garden!


Planted a load of aquilegia (Granny's Bonnet) in the back garden this afternoon, which will look lovely in the spring! and speaking of grannies, great to see a mature AND beautifull Helen Mirren winning best actress for The Queen (2006) . Loved her speech too! - a big salute to the royal old girl!
The Oscar Academy have now favoured Martin Scorsese for the wonderfull The Departed (2006) , and it was nice to see him being honoured at last. I was disappointed that Mark Wahlberg didn't get the best supporting actor though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes