Vaginas,vaginas,vaginas......"enough already!"


I first saw the The Vagina Monologues, years ago, in Sheffield with a wonderful cast, which included Jenny Eclair and the truly talented Miriam Margolyes (left) . I always remember Chris almost getting horsewhipped by a rather butch looking Amazonian for laughing (it was nerves!); at a rather sad Vagina Monologue! intitled The Little Coochie Snorcher! . The Eve Ensler production always has the potential of looking a bit dated, but it was saved in the Llandudno theatre touring production by the energetic Abi Roberts (pic right), who swore and laughed, and forced herself into the audience hearts with a right old fashioned Northern performance. She reminded me of my friend Ruth Graham in full 1990's flow. The largely female audience was suitably hysterical! especially after a few mediocre white wines at the interval.
Incidentally I hear that Fiddler on the roof is in Sheffield at the moment and I would love to see it as it is my all time favourite musical, the reviews are wonderful.
By the way,I am Sitting typing this with a roaring fire and the newly set up fairy lights in the window.... all very nice and very Christmasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes