Mud,Dickens and pets




I am waiting for the window replacement man to come and sell us something, so am writing about this morning's cock up. The mistake of the day was to go out in deck shoes.! Usually we (dogs and I ) have a run on the beach around 11.00 am-(well they do the running). There are several reasons why I choose the beach rather than up Gop Hill or down Gypsy Lane:-

  • Cleaner on the paws


  • allows the dogs to run free, safe from sheep


  • cleaner on the paws

However as in most best laid plans I forgot that the tides change with the clock and as last week there were big expanses of sand on which to gallop, today the surf was right in! So slightly disappointed we all trouped to Bishop's Wood for a country walk. Now you have to remember It has been raining for three weeks, and we have to cross a large 1 in 4 slope field! (in Deck shoes!) Yes disaster was in the making! Maddie as usual galloped free of the leads, mud splattered and drooling, she shot past the others in a "chase me chase me" type way, and true to form Fin and Meg did just that! Holding on the leads like an out-of-condition Charlton Heston in Ben Hur, my legs went from under me and I was dragged down the muddy hill on my back. To say that I was mud splattered was an understatement ! I had mud in my woolly hat, mud up the inside of my coat!, mud down my jeans! As I lay there praying for death, Fin and Meg, thinking this was all part of the game hurled themselves on top of me! so then I had mud all down my front and face.


I have been falling over rather a lot recently........which is worrying.

Postscript!

Been to fat club today (less embarrassing than my mud fall ( just about) then, later we went to an excellent one man show of A Christmas Carol at Clwyd Theatr Cymru. The actor ,Robert Perkins (pic) who also adapted the material, was very personable .


Theatre clwyd also had an amusing exhibition of photographs by Sue Packer, intitled pets.


http://www.theherbert.org/whatsOn/exhibitionDetail.asp?eventID=312

This is one of my favourites, ( I wonder why?) One photo of an ancient woman with her "laughing" elderly dog, broke my heart!

Ps. also heard some good news from Sheffield that two of my former staff nurses Mick and Emma (Both I like to think I groomed just a little) have just got sister's posts...lovely ( Can't believe I actually just said my !!)

Oh and spoke to Nu tonight about weddings!..........can't wait/x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes