"are you alone this Christmas?"


Worked last night, and ITU was dreadfully busy. The shift was made worse by a petty fall out between one staff member and a medic , which was all a bit silly. I could have banged their heads together. Had two hours sleep this morning then caught up with sorting out the house etc for Nigel's visit on Wednesday evening. I am working an all day shift tomorrow and Wednesday so won't have the time to do anything then.

In Prestatyn High street after posting last minute cards and packets, I noticed a sign in the greengrocers. It read "Are you alone this Christmas?" , and detailed a venue where lonely people can meet up in the area and have something to eat and some company on Christmas Day. Perhaps it was the lack of sleep, but the prospect of someone reading this notice and having to act upon it for some human contact, struck me as immensely sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes