Royle Family

The much lauded one off Royle Family was aired on BBC tonight, and I must admit it had lost alot of its bite amid a thick veneer of sentimentality and heavy handedness. Denise seemed to have grown up a little and I wondered if that was a reflection of Caroline Aherne's personal journey over the past few years?
Nana's ( Liz Smith) death also felt all too much;but there was a gem of a scene between her and the wonderfull Sue Johnson. Amid the painfull and banal banter between demanding 80 year old and harrassed housewife, Nana take a moment to thank her daughter for her love and care over the last year. The two actresses milked the scene within an inch of its life. ! I was in floods

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was a little disappointing, but I wonder if that's more to do with the fact I'd been eagerly awaiting it.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes