The Crowded Sky and perhaps a new field


When you sit on a train for any length of time, you get to thinking. Now, thinking about dependent variables would have been usefull today, as I have a test on them tomorrow, but true to form, I didn't and thought instead of the huge numbers of planes that seem to fill our skys. In the deep blue sky above Liverpool Bay and the start of the Irish Sea, I counted no less than 10 vapour trails. 10 vapour trails in a matter of two minutes!!!......that is scary, especially given recent reports on pollution
and carbon dioxide emissions and calls for a "plane" tax by an ernest Tory leader. My imagination wandered into cinema ( what's new?) and the 1960 film The Crowded Sky. Indeed this evening's news that a small plane crashed into an upper East Side apartment building only compounded my disaster film mentality, especially as the apartment building in question could be seen quite clearly from our usual hotel on 42nd street.

Anyhow as a student I doubt I will be flying anywhere for a considerable length of time.

Today found out from the village spokesman, that we are in the running to actually get the field opposite the cottage. Now I WILL believe it when it actually does happen but I am quietly optimistic that we can have a few more chckens and free range ones at that! hummm next stop a small holding? watch this space.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes