Rocks, feeling old and The Champions


I spent the day today removing rocks from the back garden before the local farmer delivers a few tons of top soil, and boy am I feeling sore right now! Physically I feel shattered ! and coupled with those early morning dog walks, my fatigue is at an all time high!
My middle aged body craves a hot bath, a gin and tonic and an early night.

Ned's arch looks grand! The neighbours have all commented on how low it is ! (including an elderly welsh farmer who asked me if the Hobbit arch was my idea), but it is exactly what I wanted . My idea was to downsize everything slightly to give the feel of a bigger space! The idea has worked inside the cottage well as many pieces of furniture are just on the small size in scale and seem to fit the space better! well that's the idea


Another thing that made me feel old today was seeing The Champions on tv gold. I had forgotton how trendy this programme was in 1968 or so. Typical formula I guess for a hybrid detective/superhero show, ie Sexy American 007 type (Stuart Damon), slightly geeky but smoldering English man (William Gaunt) and no nonsense new-age girl heroine (Alexandra Bastedo) combat terrorism, world domination and supernatural foes. I always liked Bastedo as a child , as I thought she was tough and extremely exotic!

On a geeky level, got my carpet vax cleaner delivered today! can't belive I actually got excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes