AN UNHEALTHY OBSESSION?



Hummm , I guess you are wondering what this pile of old tripe is all about? Well I have realised that I am getting a tad obsessional about keeping the cottage tidy. It is a bone of contension between Chris and I as he subscribes to a somewhat more relaxed attitude about how the house is run and kept. That is all well and good, but it is me that does all the housekeeping!......... ok ok, I WANT to do it, ( probably a control freak thing), and to be honest I am at home more than he is , so I see the clutter and dirt more than he does, as well as the fact he commutes for at least a few hours a day, so I have the opportunity to actually do it.....even then I would appreciate that he actually tidies up after himself a little more, well at least puts things away!. I have got to the stage where I am wanting to do all the cooking as in good bloke style, he will use every plate, pan and utensil in the kitchen and leave it unwashed in a pile to be attacked my me later on in the evening!

Ok , I am obsesional, ( we have all seen the three jugs under the dresser in the top picture!!) and I am the only one stressed with all this. But living in a small cottage with three dogs (even gay owned dogs are mucky!) an elderly cat and a somewhat relaxed partner, means that someone has to keep on top of the battle with the dirt ( my god I do sound like Joan Crawford!!)
and I guess I have to realise I have to put up and shut up.........hummm I little help here though would be apprecited.

4 comments:

  1. Very Nice Blog... Thank you for sharing..
    New Trends

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the clutter and dirt New Trends more than he does, as well as the fact he commutes for at least a few hours a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadra Service Provides NIC for Overseas Pakistani Brothers/Sisters, so they don’t have to hassle with paperwork & can save time. NADRA Card Appointment in London

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad was the breadwinner and my mom the homemaker; their roles clearly defined and apparently desired and accepted by both. Mom said, however, that Dad never ever left a mess behind for her to pick up. His mother had trained him well -- you hung up your pants when you took them off, you didn't drop them on the floor -- and so on.
    Like you, I do all the housework here. My spouse isn't as tidy as my dad, and I refuse to pick up his clothing or socks off the floor. When I clear his things off the kitchen table after they've been dropped and left there a day or more, he is upset. Tough luck, Charlie, I say; you don't live alone.
    Anyway John, it is 2022 and I have begun reading your blog from the beginning. That's just how GOOD it is.
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes