The Trelawnyd Community Association Benefit Concert


 I was sat in the crowd for the first half so couldn’t film the mostly Welsh pieces, which were wonderful 
This piece is a famous Welsh Lullaby, I will post more pieces tomorrow but I will share with you these magnificent pieces. A lovely night and all Money to save our hall.


Bring Him Home from Les Miserables just for Cro


The choir had great fun with this one 
And to end the national anthem , I hope you can hear me singing 



21 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:50 pm

    Jesus ! John , all this talent in a small Welsh village
    How lovely

    Keith

    Xx

    Lee would have loved this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful videos! The Men's Choir outdid themselves! And oh yes, I enjoyed hearing your dulcet tones during the National Anthem too! Looking forward to the future posts. I hope lots of money was raised for the Hall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I could hear you John! The Welsh national anthem is right up there with the best of national anthems. Unfortunately "God Save the King" is piss poor - in terms of meaning and the ability to rouse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, John!!! What glorious harmonies and music and I thank you for the amazing videos. Tears from here and chill bumps.
    What a marvelous community you call home!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just perfect! I hope lots of money for the village hall was raised. It certainly looked packed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:22 am

    Thank you John! The spirit of your village comes across in your blog, wonderful to hear and see. Also brought back memories of my mother, she sang in a choir too plus performed in various local musicals. 💕 Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fabulous! Bravo to all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:18 am

    Wonderful John thank you so much. I have a couple of CD's of male voice choirs inherited from my mother who was born in Bethesda but most of my family are from Ynyshir in the Rhondda. Before she died we took her to a large theatre here in Perth Australia to see and hear a fantastic choir from Swansea who were touring it was marvelous and mum was so happy she cried so of course I did too. Thanks again. Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  9. MarisAna5:20 am

    That was wonderful! I so enjoyed the choir. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yorkshire Liz6:57 am

    Glorious music and an even more glorious community.
    I am currently in Stratford on Avon to see As You Like It, Shakespeare's ultimate cross dressing comedy. The first all male Stratford production, it stars Broadway legend Jonathan Groff in his first ever Shakespeare not Sondheim, and is amazing!
    Why I mention this is because this Forest of Arden is in rural Wales, with beautiful singing, in Welsh, from a gay Artistic Director from the valleys who gives his heritage full rein, and moves hearts with the enchantment and emotion of it all. I recommend this magical show to anyone, Welsh or not.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you didn't move away from Trelawnyd

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant. I enjoyed every bit of this. They are exceptional and the acoustics are wonderful. And I could hear you! What a community!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that is is so wonderful the choir sang magnificently. I am not Welsh but nothing moves me more than the Welsh National Anthem, it brings me to tears. Marvellous voices and I could hear you John singing away. Tremendous. A wonderful community. Regards Sue H

    ReplyDelete
  14. How I would love to sing with such an enthusiastic community!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The people make the place and community.

    ReplyDelete
  16. When the first bit of music started in the first video I thought it was Bring Him Home, and then you had Bring him Home.
    Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a good turnout. Hope lots of money was raised. The choir did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those reels were lovely and to hear your singing along was the cherry on top. XO

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous7:50 pm

    I heard you made going on 2 grand

    ReplyDelete
  20. How lovely to hear some Welsh! What a survival story the language flourishes.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes