Always be Nice To The Workpeople. Ps Traitors


 
Two engineers turned up this afternoon to replace the sky dish. The bloke , scouse and affable the woman , butch and very friendly. 
It was a juggle as their ladders were in the lane and the farm traffic is unpredictable . 
But as I kept plying them with coffee and custard creams even though they laughed at my 9 inch tv
So by the time they went ,they gave me free cinema watching credit 
Roger and Mary warmed their hearts with cuddles too

First episode of TRAITORS 
Richard E Grant is a National Treasure ( a male Celia Imrie)


31 comments:

  1. Free cinema watching credit in exchange for laughing at a 9 inch TV. Sounds like a fair tradeoff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't hurt to be nice. It sometimes results in a bonus too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad you don't live nearby, I have two large screen TVs you could remove and use for free. People make fun of the one I do use, a 36" flatscreen!, but I rarely watch TV. For someone like you who watches TV it seems a bigger screen is essential.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hate big tvs

      Delete
    2. -The two I want to give away are one small, one medium. You d like them. 9 " is silly. Surely you can't see it from the sofa?

      Delete
  4. Nice to see friendliness rewarded!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better the carrot (or custard cream) than the stick. I do sometimes wonder about these enormous screens. It's still the same crap as on a smaller screen. Never mind the quality, feel the width, springs to mind. Glad you've got sorted, and a little bonus to boot! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve already downloaded lots of films

      Delete
  6. And such altruism on your part!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yorkshire Liz7:42 pm

    You can win over the world with custard creams. Impeccable taste, and perfect for bribery of workers. A little care and consideration for others goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If there is anything I believe, it is that the workers are the ones who really run this world and being kind to them, polite to them, is only showing the respect they generally deserve. Not always! But generally.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good motto! During the heat of the summer, we gave grocery delivery people ice water in large plastic cups so they can take it with them. The ice water was much appreciated by all. Sadly there was no time for custard creams.
    I am still surprised by your tiny TV. Don't you really need a larger screen?

    Hugs!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My youngest, when we go out to dinner, always insists we tip the staff/waiter....not a European thing, but even there she'd slip in a 5 euro note when we left. Hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with you about Grant. He was wonderful in Withnail (where I first saw him) and everything else since.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Traitors. I'm hoping like Hell that Amol doesn't turn out to be the first murder victim. He was my favourite to win ever since I first saw the list - in addition to being the hottie that he is.
    As for R.E.Grant - unmistakeably himself whatever he's in (I DO like him!) but, alas, I think he deserves to be expelled for such a hideous error that just HAD to put the spotlight on himself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carol Caldwell8:14 am

    I am enjoying Traitors already. I think they are a good set of people and it should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're going to see R.E. Grant in Hay Fever in October.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous10:31 am

    I think it's good to be pleasant to work people, always. It's the only way to treat folk well. At work I was always ready to chat to the cleaners whereas other colleagues treated them badly, like servants. Treat people well, even if there is no reward.Carole R.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It would be hard to imagine you not being kind, unless they were wearing cheap shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am a nice and helpful person - that's how my Mom was.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous1:49 pm

    One summer my BIL gave me a watermelon from his garden. Very generous, but I didn’t know how I would eat it all. As it turned out, my housing association had landscaping crews by my house in the summer heat. Happiness all around.
    Bonnie in Minneapolis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:51 pm

      And I loved Richard with Melissa in “Can You Ever Forgive Me”
      Bonnie

      Delete
  19. Bet the change was nice for them.
    People doing that kind of work keep the world running.
    A nine inch tv?

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree about Grant but the show doesn't entice me... Went to see the new Brad Pitt movie the one with the dog... I don't know how that could disappoint me but it did...like most movies today... The dog was great but Pitt did not bring his A game IMHO... You want to see a good survival movie? I enjoyed 'The Grey' i think was the title with Liam Neesom.... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  21. I had to look up "scouse." You're always teaching me new words. -Kate

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes