The Reunion

 I took the dogs to the beach early on. I’d run out of metformin so I collected some from a friend soon after, then bought Roger and Mary a cheesy bacon flatbread each. I had a coffee and we listened to The Reunion on Radio four.

The Reunion is a documentary hosted by Kirsty Wark , It has a simple format , the recorded reunion of 8 individuals who at one time had a connection through some important or life changing event.

Today was a reunion of first responders ( and the relatives of civilians) all caught up in 9/11 in New York
And under Wark’s calm guidance , the experiences of that day were told with dignity and clarity. 

It was such an emotional and hypnotic listen that we drove the long way home, in order to give the hour the time it deserved. I cried a few times on the journey home, a testament to the power of the spoken word

The rest of Sunday is a write off. I’m doing an overtime shift later so I will have a siesta
Weaver has the shits so I sent needs worming again which I can only do in skin drop form…another challenge in itself. πŸ‘€πŸˆ‍⬛πŸ‘€πŸ’¨πŸ’©

The nights are drawing in, and Autumn is almost with us ….its heading towards the village apple fest, the warm hub coffee afternoons and the ponies return to the field opposite 
The garden spiders will be migrating through the cracks in the cottage armor and the log burner will be lit every night…….so I will leave you with the glorious Talia Choir and their version of Viva La Vida ( my favourite singer being at 0.24 secs! ) 
Enjoy





6 comments:

  1. Viva la Vida indeed!
    Thankyou for the inspiration.
    Autumn is sad and joyous at the same time x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this song and their rendition gave me chills. Just watching her conduct does me in. Brilliance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:23 pm

    I am not a fall lover as it harks the coming of winter. Lots to think about too. Will need to get the furnace cleaned, the leaves and pine needles removed from the gutters and a couple of garden cleanups done before winter. I will also need to hire the window cleaner as the storms have really dirtied up my windows. I still have a couple more months till all that needs to get done. I am happy with the weather right now as I need neither air con nor furnace and that saves money. Your dogs eat a better breakfast than I eat. I hope the cat shits clear up soon, poor girl. Hugs Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only it felt like Autumn was drawing in here in West Central TX.... Still 100 degrees F every day... mid to a little lower 70'sF at night... and yesterday and this morning almost no breeze to speak of.. You could call this Indian Summer except Summer never left to come back... been like this since mid July... I'm ready for even just a little hint of Fall... the nights are happening a little earlier i have noticed... 9/11 ..... I was working that morning at the hardware store changing prices ... someone had a radio going and we all heard the report and the world stopped... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:01 pm

    A cheesy flatbread would temp me too! All your pets are so lucky to have you. JanF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great piece of music; loved it.
    Now I want cheesy bacon flatbread!!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes