Sunday


 I’ve had three weeks holiday in the past month
I’ve needed it. 
I haven’t done a great deal these past few days though.
I met my family for coffee and delighted in the story that my dear sister in law got locked inside a Chester Garden Centre after hours and had to be rescued by the police.
I enjoyed the theatre. 
A cinema trip to see a so so thriller ( not worth a review) and breakfast today in Colwyn Bay with a friend who was not up to talking, so we  sat with our coffees looking out at the blue sea in silence
I bought pulled pork laden chips which Mary and Roger shared
And lit the fire late tonight after my Spanish lesson 

Lo siento, olvidé hailer en español

I cooked prawns and garlic like the Book Club Host did tonight 
And ate them with garlic bread which made my gums numb

 I love this film ….



10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry sweetie. That's hard, the lonely part I mean. Sending hugs, wishing I could hug you in person, although right now I'm full of snot and short of breath so you wouldn't want a hug from me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:53 pm

    I’m lonely 90 % of my time here on earth
    I’m not lonely when you share your feelings
    Which you do so freely
    And without any guile

    Thank you my old friend

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understood , thank you for the email x

      Delete
  3. I can understand how you feel lonely, even when you fill your days with family, friends and busyness. I wish I could conjure up a special someone to take the loneliness away for you.
    The film made me think of the Trelawnyd tapestry group, chatting and sewing together to make something beautiful and memorable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did more than you re recalling---more films, theater w C Eleanor, meetings, and did you not meet up w Nu? But busy and lonely aren't equivalent, are they. We are all lonely and so very sad--what can be done, I just don't know. ( I miss my little pug terribly. Unlike you I humanize my pets and love them like a child or best friend. . we had only 12 years.) Anyway here's a hug and thanks for your blog always. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing and hoping and thinking and praying that your special someone is practically around the corner very soon. You're a rare treasure, John, and deserve happiness.
    Thanks for being there for us!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It makes me sad to hear you feel lonely. I wish this wasn't so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs to you. I wish we could all show up in your garden. What a riotous time we would have...and not a speck of loneliness to be seen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Locked in a store after hours? Horrors! Didn't any of the employees check around before they left?

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes