A fishfinger bap, smothered in tartar sauce and coffee for lunch. I met one of my friends from my old counselling course today. She hurled herself into part time counselling from her social worker career and has stuck to it like the majority of our group.
A wisecracking Glaswegian , I needed her straight talking, fresh approach to problem
working tonight
Hey ho

I just finished my lunch, a fish burger wth tartar sauce and a slice of tomato on top., along with a cup of coffee. It’s freaky how often I seem to have the same meal as you on the same day.. will be having some butternut squash soup for dinner tonight. My Scottish husband was always brutally honest, you always knew where he stood, no bullshit. We trusted each others opinions. I really miss him everyday. It was so nice to have someone to bounce ideas off. You are very lucky to have such good friends. Gigi
ReplyDeleteHaven't eaten fish or meat for over 40 years. I used to love a fish finger butty, so tried the veggie "fish" fingers a couple of years ago - absolutely disgusting! I don't like to throw food out, but they went straight in the bin. Oh, well! Glad you enjoyed your lunch. Hope the night shift goes easy on you. xx
ReplyDeleteYummy, I think I'll make myself one tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteStraight talking dry Weegie humour..some of the best!!
ReplyDeleteLooks good but why is it called a "bap"? It looks like fish sticks (or fingers) on a hamburger bun with yummy toppings.
ReplyDeleteAm glad you have a friend from counseling class to meet with for a natter.
May it be a quiet and peaceful night for all.
Hugs!
Had one for dinner tonight - yum!
DeleteHugs!
Babs, it depends where you are in the UK as to whether it's a bap, barm cake, bun, cob, roll or so many others! We used to have "bin lid butties", a bag of chips on a large bun (hence the bin lid). BTW a butty is a sandwich, from the word butter, which is virtually compulsory on a sandwich here! xx
Deletehappy hooker - thank you! When we traveled in the UK, I was confused by this.
DeleteHH - Thank you for the clarifying information! I may have to try butter on my sandwiches. As a kid, I loved just butter sandwiches. Go figure!
DeleteHugs!
We all need someone to cut through the muck with us!
ReplyDeleteNow I have a taste for fish with tartar sauce.
ReplyDeleteA Fish Finger sandwich is even more desirable than a Bacon sandwich.
ReplyDeleteI don’t think I have ever had a fish finger.
ReplyDeleteButty, and Bap are very British terms, it has taken years but I find myself becoming bilingual in English. There also seem to be deep differences in regions as to what things are called.
ReplyDeleteThanks! What amazing differences in our common language.
DeleteHugs!
You really can't beat a coffee and a good old fishfinger butty can you, although mine has to be with mayo as I can't stand tartar sauce ... Alan loves it though.
ReplyDeleteHope it helped, John.
ReplyDeleteNow craving a fish finger butty!
ReplyDeleteI hardly ever eat fish and never crave fish... but were i to have one it would be a fish sandwich with tartar sauce... Glad you have someone to talk to... :) Hugs! deb
ReplyDelete