A funny day….the eye clinic this morning with a new, perfectly polite and precise German Doctor who was a dream . I may eventually go blind in my right eye but I made sure she knew her bedside manner was exemplary. I came home , made more beef stew and completed some of my counselling tax returns
Hey ho
Now Operation Mincemeat seems to be the slow burning musical winner in the west End and on Broadway .Based upon the British wartime ruse of tricking the Germans of the date and place of the invasion, it has MI5’s aging spinster Hester Leggart’s chatty letter to her fictitious boyfriend Tom which was placed in a corpse’s uniform pocket to give credibility to him and rank.
The letter has been crafted into a song which is possibly one of the most moving songs about loss and grief and war ever written, I hope you enjoy it
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes