My Spanish Lisping Choir has been going for many years. This is one of their early pieces and a bloody powerful one it is too. I loved its Columbian/ Negro Slave origins.
Lovely to see faces I’ve got to know , but oh so young!
Enjoy.
This video is priceless.
It also sums up my day
As I was lifting Mary out of Bluebell , I dropped my phone
Roger jumped past me with me still holding his lead spinning me around
And in my fat, ungainly, 64 year old way
I almost fell over
I Staggered
Founced around
And crushed said phone with a large plastic left foot croc !
Alas phone is no more!
Fuckity fuck , fuck fuck !
Fuck fuck
ReplyDeleteGreat music, but oh no, the phone! One of those moments when you know, a split second before, what's going to happen, and there's not a damn thing you can do to stop it. Bugger, damn, blast and fuck! xx
ReplyDeleteMaybe this time you can choose a brand you like? [you said in previous post you don't like your --Samsung?] I've always had iPhones bec my kids choose the phones. Never had a problem, easy to use etc.
ReplyDeleteOh crap, if you had that on video you could be today's viral video,
ReplyDeletePhone is replaceable, you are not.
ReplyDeleteLoved the choir and song and I was surprised by their youth, too.
ReplyDeleteAlas, your poor squashed phone, but it's good you are intact!
Hugs!
As a longtime tripper I have had many days like that. Siiiiiiigh!
ReplyDeleteThank goodness you didn't fall - phones are replaceable, at our ages broken bones are much more difficult to get over!
ReplyDeleteCeci
I avoid technology where I can, but my phone is my only link to the ‘outside’ world. What an awful loss! I hope you can recover your data.
ReplyDeleteweavinfool
I'm sure you looked NOTHING LIKE that poor woman in the video, hahahahahaha! Sorry that your phone was the victim in all this.
ReplyDeleteThat's how I lost all of my contacts, breaking my fucking phone. I'm still working on restoring them.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you weren't hurt.
My oldest dropped his phone in the pool with dire consequences. He's since been using my brand new phone, which I haven't even used yet.
ReplyDeleteWhat a damn nuisance, but really John, your emphasis on the weight and age aren’t necessary - that phone disaster could’ve happened to just about anyone. Enjoy your wonderful choir and take a deep breath. My son is talking about buying the latest iPhone… it’s a totally ridiculous price! Now if you dropped that !!!
ReplyDeleteA totally normal accident with the phone. The trouble is, you can see what is happening but can do nothing to stop it. The worst accident with your mobile is to drop it down the toilet out of your back pocket. On Christmas Day. I plead guilty to that one. And don't believe any of the drying out your phone tips; none of them work. I tried them all!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are OK, even if the phone isn't. Hugs. Jxx
ReplyDeleteMy phones always seek out water.... from mop bucket to lake and try mightily to go in the toilet but so far... so far i've avoided that... One thing i do know is gosh they are expensive... hugs! deb
ReplyDeleteI never know what awaits when I read your posts over morning coffee! Blasted phone! Blasted Crocs!
ReplyDeleteGlad you were not hurt, John. Sorry about the phone, tho.
ReplyDeletePoor, John, but better a broken phone than a broken hip. I hope it can be fixed.
ReplyDeleteOh no! So sorry about the phone! Maybe time for an upgrade anyway? :)
ReplyDeleteThat video makes me wince. She really needs to get rug tape to keep her rug from slipping!
Aargh! So sorry. But yes, size and age had nothing to do with it. The video backs that up. Glad you weren’t hurt.
ReplyDelete