Timing

 

Jesus, sometimes planets just don’t align do they ? 
Today a friend of three years , called in on his way past from a holiday in Ireland .
He messaged me out of the blue.
I haven’t seen him for over a year, and when we last met, any potential romance wasn’t on the cards as he was negotiating a drama ish break up of his own and even though I fancied him rotten way back then , I accepted the situation with some measured maturity I thought 😕…yeah! 

Today , I fed him tea and cakes, and we talked films and theatre and gossiped and laughed about life in general and his past year regrouping and when he got up to go, he totally surprised me, on the doorstep with a kiss that could have floored a Disney Princess
“I ‘ll call you” he sang out as he walked to his car, waving
My cheeks were burning….
Jesus, I thought , I hadn’t expected that at all …..and I noted that I hadn’t mentioned the surprise of the kiss as well as the presence of the fucking catheter once
And before you comment dear reader 
They are important details…….

Hey fucking ho

75 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Well, I await the next instalment. Move over Mills and Boon! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I could do without all this at the moment

      Delete
    2. Well, if nothing else, I'm sure it's been an ego boost. Sweet dreams tonight. The memory of that kiss will keep you warm. 😘 xx

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:22 pm

    😘♥️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:32 pm

    No words. other than REALLY? NOW?
    Susan M/ Calif.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:37 pm

    Way past ?
    What?…

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:40 pm

    Cake and tea
    There’s something in my wee
    Smooch for goodbye
    The catheter - oh my god…

    How refreshing it is!

    xx
    D.B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Traveller9:56 pm

    Enjoy it…bask in it. What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:23 am

      Indeed! Is about time! I am grinning so hard on your behalf, you'd think I had a stake in the outcome.

      Delete
    2. Nothing will happen

      Delete
  7. Anonymous10:24 pm

    Yay, this made my day. You deserve EVERY happiness John . Xx Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo La La!! Magic, indeed! Go ahead and float a bit!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life is full of surprises.
    Never a dull moment in the life of JG.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He caused you a frisson. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As Rhett Butler said to Scarlett O'Hara -- "You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ain't life just full of surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so hope this develops I want you to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. how lovely, a promise of what might be waiting for you.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, that was a really pleasant surprise! And one you needed. You are more than a guy with a catheter, And you can operate as YOU, with, or without the damn thing. - I'm sure you'd rather 'without', but, like my colostomy, it's better than the alternative (which in my case was a coffin!) Whatever the future between you holds, it's a fillip for you. X X

    ReplyDelete
  16. When you least expect it. Jeez!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why can’t they do it when I’m functioning ! Lol

      Delete
  17. Athene8:06 am

    An ego boost - even if nothing else happens, you know you’ve still got it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous8:59 am

    Agony and ecstasy in one luscious kiss!! What a thrill, I am sure you will work it out, go dear John go and enjoy it all. Jan in Castle Gresley

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah, the Universe is a funny little thing, isn't She? Just when you need a lift, She delivers with a flourish! Nothing would make us out here in blog land happier than to see you being loved, John. We all love you, and that's just not enough!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love is in the air!!
    A surprise kiss is the best kind!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah, you are still alive. Maybe someone to run their fingers through your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Krayolakris12:43 pm

    Debra says it best! Sweet dreams, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love a good kiss and it sounds like it was. A lovely surprise and there are work arounds, just saying:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my. Oh my goodness my.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It sounds like you needed to remember the famous lines with Hugh Grant and Charlotte Coleman in the film Four Weddings and a Funeral as they raced to a couple of the weddings later than late ... 'F*ck, F*ck, F*ck'. Timing is sometimes just SO bad you HAVE to swear. Ah well I think you may seriously have to live in hope of another surprise visit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven’t room for much else dear sue

      Delete
  26. If he's the one that catheter won't matter at all!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Our friend has a colostomy bag and had consigned romance to history. But he is a handsome man with a lovely nature and a sweet lady has recognised that and love is in the air. Wishing you the same happiness xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous6:43 pm

    Go slow my friend. I don’t want to see you hurt. But a great kiss is quite lovely. Gigi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m not jumping into anything dearHeart

      Delete
  29. I'm dubious, a kiss and he's gone..for another year? Forever? What a flirt. Where does he live?
    * "It was fun while it lasted," moaned John to Weaver's skeptical ear....
    Weaver: ''hey ho." *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My head hasn’t turned Lizzy xx

      Delete
    2. Not your head but your mind and your heart and....Listen to me and Lee and everyone. Caution, caution....

      Delete
    3. I’m not jumping in to anything xx

      Delete
  30. If he's serious, the catheter is no issue.
    I'm cautiously happy for ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don’t be .. nothing will happen xx

      Delete
  31. Anonymous8:17 pm

    Be careful squire, you’ve had your heart broken once

    Lee ❤️🌈

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anonymous11:24 pm

    None of us want you to be hurt We all want you to be happy. I don't have any advice...just enjoy the moment ...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ya still 'got it'.

    Tea and cakes and good conversation is good. Now, go buy a Lottery ticket just in case your luck is turning.

    Will Jay

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes