……but when you are lying on the couch with a poorly old dog , it sure makes you smile
Mary slept with me again last night and remains a little shaky today .
She’s eating and a tad breathless
And the fire has gone out of her eyes 😒 just a little
My old girl …..
Finlay, Meg and George

I'm glad Mary is still with you and I imagine you and she both are comforted by being together as you slept. The gentle sounds of breathing are reassuring to you both. The last gifts to each other is this time of peace and quiet as hard as it is.
ReplyDeleteBig hugs ...
so beautifully said, Babs. Susan M/ Calif
DeleteThinking of you both!
ReplyDeleteI’ve been here before many times , Mary just the once
DeleteOur 16 yo girl had a seizure about six months ago. No repeats. Just a few quiet days.
ReplyDeleteHope Mary is experiencing the same. The little paws control so much of our life.
I never signed up for TikTok. I was already up to my ears with all the others. I’m glad it’s entertaining you while you show Mary how loved she is.
ReplyDeleteYou need something mindless to take your thoughts away from the pain and sadness of watching a loved one fading. The comfort for both of you to feel each other's heartbeat and know you are loved. xx
ReplyDeleteI know this *limbo* time at dog end of life all too well, sad to say. You are prepared best as you can be and loving her every moment. It makes me cry to write this...just because I know it....but... it will be *right* when her time ends. Bless you both....bless all of you.....(not in a religious sense but in a spiritual one). My heart is with you both
ReplyDeleteMuch love being sent from Susan M/ Calif.
Hoping Mary is comfortable, and I know she is that, and loved, and surrounded by it all. That's all we can ask for ...
ReplyDeleteHugs to you and Mary. X
ReplyDelete😭
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry for you and Mary. One day at a time, John. But you know this. Hugs. xx
ReplyDeleteI am glad for Mary, and for you, that she can be with you nearly every moment now. This is what you can give her, and she feels your love. Last month, I held my beloved longhaired Dachshund in my arms as he took his last breath. And the previous day, he spent the entire afternoon and most of the night being closely held. That is one of my great consolations.
ReplyDeleteI remember lying on the cold kitchen floor in my robe and slippers because my beloved Natasha kitty had chosen to curl up on the little rug by the sink as she was deteriorating in from of my very eyes. That's where she chose to be so that's where we were. Such a sad time for you. John, and just because you have gone through it before does not lesson the pain.
ReplyDeleteWe have been in this situation more times than I want to remember. It is a time of such mixed emotions. Sending a hug to you and Mary...
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't sound good. The important thing is to show her love; which is what you're doing. x
ReplyDeleteHaving just been through the same process, my heart goes out to you. But you know this situation inside out so all you can do is love a peaceful time, and everything as quiet and gentle as possible.
ReplyDeleteBut what is particularly lovely are the comments and support expressed here.
The Going Gently family are very special people, just like you.
Sweet Mary xxx
ReplyDeleteI watched TikTok for a hot minute when it first got popular but I have long since abandoned it. Give Mary a pat for me.
ReplyDeleteI gave up on TikTok last year, it's proving far too feral. Facebook shorts are much better and more balanced. I really feel for you and Mary at the moment. Mavis last days are still so raw in my heart. Thinking of you both. xx
ReplyDeleteYou and Mary are in my thoughts. Keep us posted. Jxx
ReplyDeleteTake care of everyone.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and Mary at a difficult time. However I do hope that when my time comes I have the pleasure of such a calm & loving situation.💕 . It is the one certainty in life and I think Mary has a lovely way to go, not easy for you but you have enjoyed all the love and company over the years. Best wishes to you both xx
ReplyDeleteBoth you and Mary are in my thoughts ....it's a sad time you are going through .... you've been there many times and it doesn't get easier. Give Mary a soft head rub from me, bless her. Hugs to you.
ReplyDelete