Things That Go Bump In The Night

 

Just after four thirty this morning I found myself suddenly wide awake.
Had there been a crash ? 
Or had I been dreaming? 
I lay in bed for a while. 
Mary was asleep , curled up on my right side. Bun next to her. 
Bun was awake and her head was up listening.
I gathered my urology piping and went to investigate 
Weaver was sat on my desk, with her eyes to the ceiling.
I could swear that she was whistling 
Lying smashed in the inglenook fireplace was my gargoyle 
His decapitated head in the centre of the hearth rug. 

When Weaver was a kitten , she would often hiss at the gargoyle’s angry face as he sat quietly watching the room. She wasn’t keen on my dinosaur pottery figure either and even the stuffed dog toy I bought in Kenmare when I visited Nu had been spat at and cuffed as he sat in his box behind the sofa

I flicked two fingers up at Weaver who was pretending to ignore me and placed the gargoyle’s head on the mantlepiece


 

23 comments:

  1. I desperately want to comment but words fail me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. 🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛

      Delete
  3. Anonymous8:00 pm

    That cat is possessed!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the devil or the ghost of Joan Crawford

      Delete
  4. OMG
    The Stephen King of it all!!

    LOL

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little sh*t! That reminds me, did you ever find the missing pottery figure? The case for the prosecution is getting stronger by the minute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:17 pm

    This line made me spit my first martini out 🍸
    “ I could swear that she was whistling ”

    Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. She would probably insist that "a big boy did it and ran away".

    ReplyDelete
  8. What if a ghost--poltergeist?--- or ''something'' knocked it down!And Weaver is an innov=cent bystander, bravely protecting her master and pack.
    Will you mend it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No , it’s now a paper weight

      Delete
    2. I'm sure it was an accident. Weaver was just an innocent bystander. 🙂 🐈‍⬛

      Delete
  9. Can the gargoyle's bottom part become a vase? What a shame, but breakables should be up very, very high with nothing nearby to use as a ladder to it as must be done when there's a 2 year old in the house. My sympathy.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. https://seekingforidentity.blogspot.com/
    Welcome

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg!! I wonder if Weaver might regret her actions?
    He looks more scary now than when he was in one piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Didn't Roger hear the crash?

    ReplyDelete
  13. If she goes missing, you fret. If she's at home, she's destructive. She really knows how to wind you up!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes