Olé

 I forgot it was bank holiday today 
That threw me
I haven’t left the cottage 
I talked and laughed with the German on video in the morning 
Had a long sleep in the afternoon 
And had a Spanish lesson for an hour at teatime
Did I tell you I was having Spanish lessons on line?
My old friend Jose who lives in Southern Spain is also a counsellor 
He needs to practice his conversational English 
I need the Spanish basics 
So for a couple of hours a week we chat about bollocks on line


I’m getting better with confidence and the language, injecting bien and Si into phrases that  will be useful 
I’ve taught him words and punctuation like absolutely and shite 
Osmosis and conversations in another language is very therapeutic and we get by admirably 

Tonight I’ve watched Ludwig with a rasping Mary on my knee
 
It’s a great show, I must say 
Light and bright 
Just Bun at home , I’ve got her wormer and flea treatment on her, which she wasn’t happy about.
Weaver has been gone for 2 weeks 
I’m baffled by the absences 
Tomorrow I’m meeting Chic Eleanor for breakfast 
I’ve missed her
 

19 comments:

  1. Dear Juan Gris,
    I wish you mucho bueno meetingo tomorroweno!
    Weaver is probably dealing the Spanish catnip to stray cats.
    Bank holidays suck when you forget about them!

    Wishing you all the bueno,
    Domenico

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:58 pm

    Are u ok squire Gray im worried about you
    U are not well I feel

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m not . Xx but let’s wait and see

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:13 pm

      Hugs xx lee

      Delete
  3. Hola! Que tal?
    Sorry I don't know how to add accent marks or upside down question and exclamation marks - lo siento (sp? I am trying to remember from 8th grade).

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:41 am

    I'd be happy to switch out my daily Duolingo lessons for a lesson or two with Jose any day! I often think about Mary and how she is doing...(and you too of course) and breakfast with Chic Eleanor sounds perfect,...darling....:-).
    Susan M/ Calif...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of the dinnerladies episode - "I learnt 'grassy arse', but I didn't use it." Good on you for keeping the old grey cells working, and it sounds like a lot of fun! Hugs to all in the Gray household, even the absent one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before you know it, you will be ready for your next trip to Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for recommending Ludwig. I think I will check it out!
    Hope you have a wonderful week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like your bank holiday was a good day all around.
    As a day off should!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like life is full John.... today the GrandLittles 5 and 8 get off the bus at our house and sing Grandpa a Happy Birthday as their mom brings cheese cake...lol :) I'm taking myself to see the new Insidious movie... by myself.... as no one has a taste for scary movies but me... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending well wishes my friend

    ReplyDelete
  11. Weaver's snits are about the other creatures in your domain, not you. Can't make her fit in if she doesn't want to. You are a very good pet dad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. KarenW4:03 pm

    We are going through the same heartbreak with an elderly cat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoyed the first series of Ludwig, hate the second and don't know if I can be bothered to finish it. The sister-in-law's house being so gloomy doesn't help. Can't they afford lightbulbs? Why don't they open the curtains?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm guessing Weaver has another home she is living at part-time, apparently it's quite common with cats.
    We've started watching "The Bear" and I quite like it.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes