Ecipse


 Jenny from the village , is celebrating the eclipse in her own inimitable way. 
I sat myself by the kitchen wall as the skies dimmed and The Archer’s theme bounced away 
Dum de dum de dum de Dee

28 comments:

  1. happy hooker6:50 pm

    As it went dark I went out with my piece of white card and the colander. Well, that didn't work! Swapped the colander for a pair of binoculars and hey presto! Have to say, it didn't go as dark as I'd expected. Maybe the next one will be better, if I can hang on till 2090! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I held up my iPad …a bit disappointed

      Delete
  2. It didn't go even shady here, let alone dark. I hope you used special viewing glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy eclipse!
    "Live long and prosper" Jenny and John!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was just like dusk had come early and then gone again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did any extraterrestrials get through to Jenny?

    ReplyDelete
  6. There was a solar eclipse where I'm at a couple of years ago. Watching the sun disappear and the day turn into night; it just gave me goosebumps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , I witnessed the last one which was around midday ,it was much more scary

      Delete
  7. I was sitting indoors doing a crossword when suddenly I could hardly see the page. I soon realised why it was.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MarisAna5:30 am

    I found most remarkable the odd feeling as the atmosphere changed, the light and shadows and temperature too but most of all - the seagulls and other birds seemed to fly around very agitatedly calling out. But then it did go very still and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:23 pm

      MarisAna, that is a perfect description. I witnessed one a few years ago and was surprised by the birds' reactions. What an experience!
      Nina

      Delete
    2. I didn’t notice the birds quieten this time but I did the one before

      Delete
    3. https://disasterfilm.blogspot.com/2015/03/eclipse.html

      Delete
  9. We were cloudy here, as is usual when anything interesting happens! But yes it went heavy, dull and cool and everything was subdued...I even had a piece of card ready with a hole (pinhole camera style). At least I'd seen the 1999 one which was a cracker..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, Jenny. So very practical... and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sillygirl12:07 pm

    What is an ecipse - is that where you don't (l)ook?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Krayolakris12:15 pm

    Love the hat! I will never forget the eclipse I got to witness a few years ago, on my birthday no less. It was other worldly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here in DC, we would welcome the beings from other planets. Even give them direction to the right house.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have discovered that when we have a solar eclipse I turn into some terrified early version of a human despite my knowledge of why it's getting dark in the middle of the day. It's so weird and I do not like it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elle Clancy2:16 pm

    Here in Cleveland, Ohio, we were in "the path of totality" for the last solar eclipse. I admit I didn't think it would be that much, but it was honestly the most amazing natural event I ever experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We were in totality too here in the Texas Hill Country. I went out to my front yard and all the solar path lights were on and it just felt very eerie. I could hear people up and down the street being awestruck. Truly a once in a lifetime event.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes