The Odyssey

 


It’s a curate’s egg of an epic, with some impressively creepy bits to it ( the Cyclops scenes for example) and I must admit that Matt Damon is very good in the lead. But it’s a bloody miserable and ultimately boring reworking of an overlong tale of war and bad decision making. 

I would have walked out at the 3/4 time mark but was with a friend so couldn’t 

The best bit

Himesh Patel as Eurylochus grrrrrrrrh

3 comments:

  1. An acquired taste methinks. I've never fancied reading the book, and have no inclination to watch the film. Must admit, though, I could enjoy running my fingers through that beard! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get squirmy with long movies. Should I wait till it’s on streaming and watch it over two nights?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting until it streams on Netflix or somewhere. But I will watch it, because I love the mythology of both The Iliad and The Odyssey. But yes, judicious editing is always needed.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes