On opposite sides of the living room they watch each other like strangers
One on the couch
One on the floor.
One returned on Saturday
Saturday seems like return day.
I’ve left them to it.
I didn’t watch the football last night, even if King Filipe was there but favoured The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society instead
Michael Huisman is adorable in it


I am not a cat person but must ask - is that a print of Christina's World on the floor by your fireplace?
ReplyDeleteNell, it is. I fell in love with the original in MOMA New York , where it tucked away on a small corridor
DeletePhoto of me looking at the original
https://disasterfilm.blogspot.com/2022/10/you-are-my-sunshine.html
I was following your blog then but had forgotten that. I completely understand and am not surprised it had that impact on you.
DeleteIt stunned me in a strange way, I’ve worked with disabled people for years , this resonanced with me
DeleteGlad to see both cats in the cottage. 😊🐈⬛🐈⬛
ReplyDeleteWishing you a calm and peaceful week.
Really, you can smell the tension
DeleteMay that peaceful distance between the cats be quietly maintained!
ReplyDeleteHope it's a good week ahead for us all!
Hugs!
Even Roger noted the atmosphere and kept out of the way and he misses EVERYTHING
DeleteWell at least they're not fighting!
ReplyDeleteThat film is a nice, easy watch, with a bit of eye candy to keep things interesting. We watched Wicked Little Letters. Based on a true story, it's a bit overlong, but worth watching if you've nothing better to do! xx
I thought it was full of overacting thesps
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAbove deleted for weird autocorrect.
ReplyDeleteThey just look relaxed, no sign of hostility? When I had cats, as a child, they never interacted, just led parallel lives. Maybe you expect too much.
No the tension was there Lizzy , they always used to cuddle together
DeleteLeaving those two to their quiet living room standoff is definitely the best move, sometimes you just have to let them sort out their own silent drama. Choosing a sweet movie over the football match sounds way more relaxing anyway. Michiel Huisman is absolutely charming in that film, he makes the whole story so easy to watch.
ReplyDeleteHe was even better than king Filipe
DeleteLove your desk with the dinosaur and that pretty jug you bought in London with your sister
ReplyDeleteLee
You remember that ? How lovely
DeleteThe standoff is better than a full-on fight. It might evolve into a truce. We can only hope.
ReplyDeleteOh, those girls.
ReplyDeletewell.......there *are* two cats.....goodness knows who is who and does it matter anymore? and one hunky stud...... it's all good!
ReplyDeleteSusan M/ Calif
sorry......make that 2 hunky studs......you being one of them! Susan M
DeleteWhat a way to wake up! I must have missed something, I hope you are well. My two cats, who were brother and sister, could set the tone of my home also. That, too, could be a rude awakening.
ReplyDeleteCocoa
I don't see any fur flying so that may be a good sign???
ReplyDeleteAbd you're right about Michiel Huisman ... he is quite handsome.
Have you still not figured out which is the homebody and which is the wanderer?
ReplyDeleteI think one of the reasons is that it is just too hot (for Welsh cats, I know cats are originally from hotter regions). What if they are just feeling too hot and feel bad and restless because of it? I mean everything is off nowadays.
ReplyDeleteBut hey, two cats!
My brother's cat has become a wanderer this summer, he's off for a week, comes home, eat, sleep and off he goes. Brother put him a gps-collar - he's gone over 5km. Batteries keep only 5 days, so after that no-one knows where the cat has gone. Before he was never gone more than a day!
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is one of my favorite books I've read, and I also watched the film. A great story!
ReplyDeleteAs long as they are not scratching one-another's eyes out, they are just fine.
ReplyDeleteCats, such mercurial beings! I think it's one reason many people don't like them, as they can't be bribed or swayed to do ANYthing they don't want to do; nor do they live to please, unlike most dogs. That is actually one reason I liked them - authentically themselves, and not a shred of apology for it. We had males and females, and by and large the males were far more loving than the females.
ReplyDelete