Gwahoddiad

I have a treat for you all, please invest in two minutes of your day 

Click on the link below to hear the Trelawnyd Male Voice Choir singing the hymn Gwahoddiad

It’s sublime 

https://youtu.be/ouThtahSTkk?si=CFsNA7LK2YQ6ITVr


42 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:31 pm

    Listening with my morning coffee, what a day brightener!

    Raises a question for you: What portion of your work/daily life is in Welsh? I remember you saying years ago that you had some basics when you were in the shops. How easy is it to pick up, can you carry a conversation? I understand that the majority of people also speak English.

    Thanks, John.
    Bonnie in Minneapolis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Researching the history of the village …in the 1940s the only English speaking family lived in my cottage and the father was the village coal man . There is still a good handful of Welsh speakers here……in the hospice which is located in Llandudno , 25 miles west , the majority of nurses are from north west wales and most speak Welsh fluently

      Delete
  2. Sublime indeed! Sends shivers down my spine. Thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The harmony at the end is quite lovely

      Delete
  3. Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stirring and inspirational! The only word I understood, of course, was "amen" at the end, LOL! And oh my, that wonderful image of the metalwork dragon fire pit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:36 pm

    The hairs on the back of my neck are up

    Keith

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done. What is the hymn about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. English translation
      I hear a tender voice
      Calling out to me,
      To come and wash away all my faults
      In the river of Calvary.

      Chorus
      Lord, here am I
      At Your call;
      Wash me pure white in the blood
      Shed on Calvary.

      Jesus invites me
      To receive, with His saints,
      Faith, hope, pure love, and peace,
      And every heavenly privilege.

      Jesus strengthens
      His work within me by grace;
      He gives strength to my weak soul
      To overcome my hateful sin.

      Glory forever for the plan
      Of atonement and cleansing;
      I accept Jesus just as I am,
      And I sing of the blood.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the translation, John!

      Hugs!

      Delete
  7. I still love their version of 'Bring him Home'. It brings tears to me eyes every time I listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pass on your praise

      Delete
    2. Anonymous1:00 pm

      I love their Bring him Home also. I downloaded a tape quite a while ago. Gigi

      Delete
  8. Barbara Anne3:16 pm

    As HH said, "Sublime, indeed!" Ta, John, for a lovely start to my day.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue P3:46 pm

    Thank you John, that was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. πŸ™❤️πŸ™❤️πŸ™

      Delete
  10. Anonymous3:59 pm

    Soul stirring -thank you for sharing.Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a favourite funeral hymn here

      Delete
  11. Yorkshire Liz4:38 pm

    Just beautiful, thank you John. And the image of that wonderful dragon is special too. More, please.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous5:30 pm

    that IS sublime, thank you! Are you now or were you not once part of this choir?
    Susan M/ Calif.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in our sister village choir ..the Gwaenysgor Village choir

      Delete
  13. Wonderful singing. Thank you for posting the link John.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. Thank you for your email. I will reply xx

      Delete
  15. It was beautiful! Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🌼🌻🌞🌸πŸͺ»πŸŒΉ

      Delete
  17. Anonymous9:02 pm

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xxx thank u ❤️🌹🌸

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:06 pm

      Why was it removed?

      Delete
  18. That was unbelievable. Just shared with my husband and daughter. They have to hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is indeed sublime, I am so grateful to be able to hear. X

    ReplyDelete
  20. John. that is beautiful and I'm now listening to some meditation music that YouTube added next. It's a very peaceful start to the weekend - and all thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Susan Taylor7:55 am

    Just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful. Regards Sue H

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous5:01 pm

    Lovely John, I often think I do not listen to enough music. Jean in Winnipeg.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes