Fire


Across the bay from the hospice is Conwy mountain and beyond that is Sychnant Pass. Today a large mountain fire has raged and I stopped on the way to work to photograph it.


Villages and farms have been evacuated today in scenes not unlike the ones from Spain




 

20 comments:

  1. I saw that fire on the news. It's scary how rapidly wildfires can start and spread. I hope it's extinguished quickly and safely, and I really hope it wasn't started deliberately. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:17 pm

    Those photos give me a bit of PTSD. I hope the fire is quickly contained.
    We had to evacuate from a wildfire for a week in 2020 from our rural Oregon town. We are always ready to flee at a moments notice.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. that ain't good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never think of England having wildfires. I hope everyone is ok and that the fire is brought under control quickly. The last five years have been awful here for out of control wildfires, but this summer it's flooding. We should not be fucking around with Mother Nature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:47 pm

    Wildfires are so dangerous and they move quickly endangering people and wildlife. Hopefully it is brought under control soon. Quality of air can become an issue as well.
    Stay safe and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The streak of orange going down the mountain side reminds me of lava. You don't have a neighboring volcano, do you?
    Hope the fire is extinguished without loss of life.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear that. When I lived in the Pacific Northwest, I had to evacuate once due to wildfires near our home. Unfortunately, it has become a yearly occurrence in that area. I will keep the people living there in my prayers. And I know from experience, that even if you aren't in danger from the fires, the smoke is hard to deal with. I hope the fires will be extinguished soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prezada mãe da Gabriela Santana Andrade, eu gostaria de dizer que a sua filha só passou em orgânica 1 porque eu dei cola para ela, depois que ela passou, ela se voltou contra mim e falou que passou sozinha. A Gabriela apenas me usou para passar em orgânica 1 depois que ela passou em orgânica 1, eu não tinha mais utilidade para ela. Então ela me jogou fora.

    A 3 anos atrás, a Gabriela mandou a amiga dela chamada Ana Beatriz Procession Guimarães do curso de pedagogia entrar no grupo do Whatsapp de analítica 1 se passando por uma tal de Simone. Naquele dia a Gabriela e a “Simone” ficaram me acusando sem provas de ficar perseguindo as mulheres até o banheiro, de ficar cadastrando o número dos outros em site de imobiliária e de ficar atrapalhando os experimentos das mulheres da faculdade em química analítica 1. A Gabriela até falou que o pai dela era policial e que iria aparecer na minha casa para me levar para a cadeia.

    Se essas mulheres realmente existissem, o correto seria essas mulheres procurar os seguranças do CCMN, a professora, a coordenação da farmácia ou a polícia. A Gabriela Santana Andrade não tem o direito de fazer justiça com as próprias mãos.

    O cyberbullying funcionou, eu fiquei com medo dos amigos do curso de pedagogia da Gabriela se juntarem para me meter a porrada na faculdade, já que por causa das mentiras que a Gabriela inventou sobre mim, todo mundo estava acreditando que eu era o assediador de mulheres da faculdade. Se os amigos do curso de pedagogia da Gabriela Santana Andrade viessem me bater, eu nem iria saber quem iria me bater, já que eu não conheço pessoas de outros cursos diferentes do curso de farmácia. Eu até pensei em desistir da faculdade, por causa do cyberbullying e do medo que eu senti de apanhar na faculdade, mas eu não desisti. Afinal eu sou a vítima nessa história, se alguém tem que sair da faculdade é a Gabriela e não eu. Eu não pratiquei cyberbullying contra ninguém. Eu sempre tratei todo mundo com respeito.

    Assim que eu descobri que a o curso de pedagogia ficava na praia vermelha, eu notei que a Ana Beatriz não iria sair da zona sul para ir à zona norte só para me bater. A Ana Beatriz é uma desocupada, que não tinha nada para fazer e foi arrumar confusão no curso dos outros, se ela tivesse um trabalhinho, ela não ficaria arrumando confusão no curso dos outros. Ficar praticando cyberbullying é coisa de gente que não tem uma ocupação na vida.

    Eu sei tudo sobre você, eu achei o seu perfil no Instagram e no Linkedin:

    https://www.instagram.com/rejainepaulistinha/

     

    https://br.linkedin.com/in/rejaine-santana-andrade-4a6111159

     

    O pior é que nem adianta denunciar a atitude da Gabriela para a coordenação da farmácia, a coordenação da farmácia da UFRJ quer que todo mundo se forme como farmacêutico, nem que para isso a pessoa tenha que praticar cyberbullying contra os outros, igual a Gabriela fez comigo.

    A Gabriela Santana Andrade é uma pessoa horrível.


    ReplyDelete
  9. Very frightening. What is the latest news?
    With harvesting in full swing here, combines can often be the cause of field fires. The fire service in Suffolk have been out to many fires all weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:28 am

    One of the reasons we moved from a wildfire prone area in California to Wales was thinking we would be free from that worry. I am very surprised by the drought we are currently enduring. Everything is so dry.
    weavinfool

    ReplyDelete
  11. It must be such a strange (and terrible) sight to see.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I never imagined Wales would have a wildfire like that. Surely that's a huge rarity.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11:07 am

    We have smoke from wildfires in western Canada today. My eyes are burning and my air purifier is working hard just to be at 82 percent. We are also in for very hot weather this week, close to 36 degrees tomorrow. I am very thankful that I invested in air conditioning this year. Global warming is real. Stay away from the fire, John, they move very quickly if it is windy. We don’t want anything bad to happen to you. Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hopefully no one is hurt and property is saved.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stay safe. Ken in France posted this morning about a forest fire in France.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous12:50 pm

    Sychnant was always full of bracken, perfect fuel for a wildfire. It is sad to see my beloved North Wales burning, along with so many other places in Europe. My thoughts are with those throughout Europe suffering in the heat and the fires, and remembering the dead and Injured in Spain.
    B from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous12:52 pm

    And people say climate change is not real! I fear for my kids' future.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope no one was hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many fires everywhere..and people still using those single use barbecues and throwing cigarette butts.
    I feel for the farmers who are desperate to harvest..and a single spark from a stone can wipe out a harvester and crops. In France they are limiting harvesting to basically overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope everyone concerned is safe. Take care John xx

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes