André Rieu - La Paloma (Live in Mexico)


Like I said earlier today has been busy but it has also been productive and funny and with Roger showing latent hormonal infatuations on a scale that Winnie had for workmen in overalls 
The day made me smile .
As did André Rieu and his orchestra of many colours in their Mexican concert from a few years ago 
It was bonkers
Totally bonkers 
I watched it on sky , and was drawn in by the good nature of it all 
The humour, the obvious enjoyment and the energy of the locals  was a delight to watch 
And with everything news being shite at the moment 
A few daft frocks, some toe tapping songs and ten thousand Mexicans going bananas 
Wasn’t a bad way of passing an evening 
I see he’s in concert in Sheffield later this week ! 


16 comments:

  1. Wow! Any chance you’ll be going to Sheffield?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he doesn't take himself too seriously. If people want to sing and dance during his performances, he encourages it. I guess that's why he's so popular. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rieu always knows how to put on a good show that caters to his audience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is stellar showmanship. You might one day go to a live Rieu concert. Roger is feeling his oats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to let go and just be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not my cuppa but I do find something fascinating in an audience that can so easily let its hair down to just have f-u-n , something I could never do (or even to be moved to cry) - and yes, I'm just a teeny bit envious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mum was a fan and I once accompanied her to one of his concerts in Wembley. Maybe it was British reserve, but only the front section of the audience seemed to be actively involved with the show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Latino/Hispanic passion - I enjoyed that! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard 2 elderly ladies quite animated talking about several concerts they had attended together abroad; then pondering whether to book tickets; one said at over 90 now she wasnt sure x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:47 am

    John, try and see Andre live as you will not be disappointed. Find them performing Ravel’s Bolero on YouTube, utterly amazing drummer. On another note, look for Nicolas Le Riche’s ballet routine to Bolero, never been done before. Jan in Castle Gresley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:44 am

    We saw his show live in Toronto many many years ago and were not disappointed. It was a fun evening. I am very reserved, but I enjoyed watching the audience. You should try to go if you can. Roger is becoming a man! Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  12. A high school classmate retired to the Pacific Coast of Mexico a few years ago, she posts on FB about the passion and joy of the place, and lunch on the beach. She worked as a federal prison guard for 40 years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous3:21 pm

    Loved the audience. I enjoyed this. thank you

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes