Damp

 


I’ve got some jobs done today. 
This week I have no shifts as I’ve taken some holiday that I was owed….and I want to get those jobs done.
Living in an old building there is always things to do. 
I bought paint for the back of the cottage which is rendered white and I’m planning to paint the upstairs hall into the east wing the same gentle yellow of the living room.
This is a pragmatic decision as I’ve got far too much yellow paint left over from the living room.
Having said this, it’s humid and damp today so it’s not a day for painting.

I replaced the absent kitchen door knob ( it’s been missing over a decade) , and went out blackberry picking to get the air and to feel the fine rain on my face, but there were few fruits to be seen down the lane than I expected, but there are more sloes to be had on the field borders
It was nice to be soaked though, and my feet in my flip flops squeaked happily as I clip clopped home. 

I booked Roger’s first haircut, paid bills and made bean soup, spiced with garlic and chilli. 
And watched the Queen’s Coffin being taken up the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. 
I see the line heckler that shouted that Andrew was a nonce was dragged backwards out of shot like an extra in one of the Alien films. 

20 comments:

  1. The aren't many blackberries here - there are small ones but mildewed - Lots of hazel nuts though in my garden which my thatch cracks and racing squirrels - I saw The Queen one morning whilst walking my dogs at Sandringham - She was walking towards us with a man - No corgis - I curtsied x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for information

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to cross a few jobs off the list. I saw the heckler on the news. Not a fan of Andrew, but that wasn't the time or place to call him out. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed , the heckler was a stupid boy

      Delete
  4. I didn't catch what the heckler said, but I was impressed with the speed with which he was dealt with. Was it just a member of the public that tackled him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so …he was shouting abuse at Andrew

      Delete
  5. I never noticed the heckler being dealt with. He has to be allowed to grieve his mother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a stupid young man who took advantage of the dignified silence to get his point over ..it was hilarious how he disappeared by being pulled into the crowd and to the ground

      Delete
  6. Barbara Anne7:08 pm

    How lovely to have the week off so you can accomplish a few tasks in and around the cottage.
    I think your hall in the east wing will look softs wonderful in pale yellow, Hope the weather will be just right for painting before youo return to work.
    I missed the heckler.
    Hope Roger isn't upset by his hair cut.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t think a haircut would bother him

      Delete
  7. The week off? You sound very busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to organise more , tomorrow is sorted and that’s it, walk and coffee with chic Eleanor and counselling course day one

      Delete
  8. I love accomplishing those kinds of things. And how long did the kitchen door knob take to replace (once you started)? It’s fascinating the things we put off. Eight years ago, I bought new, simple and chic, chrome knobs for upper closet doors in both our offices. I replaced mine and I still haven’t replaced SG’s. That 10 minutes has been just too much to contemplate. Maybe you’ll inspire me. Better yet, when you’ve finished your chores, mine await.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you thought of changing the yellow paint with a dab of some darker paint? Play alittle with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I adore the lightness and gentleness of the hue

      Delete
  10. What a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like to see the 'public' act quickly. It reminded me of some twit who was demonstrating on top of an underground train in London. The 'public' soon dealt with him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought that was hilarious too! The way he just shot off backwards!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes