Top Gun 2 Lumbago and flatulence

Miles Teller and his acting moustache 


Last night , I met up with my sisters, brother in law, nephew, great nephew and sister in law for a trip to the cinema.
Everyone is banging on about TopGun 2 so we all thought we’d go
I never wanted to see Top Gun way back in 1986, so I wasn’t bothered to sit through a 2 hour rehash of American Jingoism with veiled homoerotic moments and slow motioned long looks into middle distance.
But I went
Some of it was exciting enough, I must admit.
 I did like Goose’s son ( Miles Teller)’subplot with Maverick ( Ton Cruise at 60) he was nicknamed Rooster and their father and son bonding at the end was suitably moving.
Sad not to see Kelly McGillis not reprising her love interest role from the first movie…..unfortunately for Hollywood she looks every inch her 64 years ( how dare she?) and would never have been given screen time….
Anyhow it was Glossy rubbish and
It was nice to see the family . I joked with my sister in law, as we were leaving  that we all should have our own nicknames like the characters in the film….
“ What would they be “ she quipped “ Rheumatism, limper, Lumbago and flatulence “, 
Guess who was flatulence?

25 comments:

  1. After watching Sewing Bee - Lumpy Gusset x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no-Not me John - A contestant on the tv programme had a problem with theirs-which let them down this evening x

      Delete
  2. Did she come up with those names that quickly? She's a keeper , that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara Anne12:00 am

    Still chuckling here! Gotta love your family, one and all!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll wait until it starts streaming, and then forget to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahahahaha, those nicknames!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never had a nickname as a schoolboy; which was unusual. But apparently I do have one here in France which my neighbour refuses to divulge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a giggle at those nicknames! At least it was a great family evening even if the film didn't appeal. I liked it, mostly because of the flying sequences. I guessed it probably wasn't one you would have chosen yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not a film for me, but glad you had a great family time. Love the nicknames - I didn't know you had rheumatism, lol! My nickname was Diddy Woody, maiden name Wood and I was (and still am) rather diminutive, although sadly now only vertically, not horizontally! I remember at school we all Spoonerised our names and Betty Watt became Wetty Bot. That really cracked us up. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’d say your reputation precedes you but I think it also trails behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traveller7:31 am

      Comment of the day!

      Delete
  10. Well i loved it and so did everyone in the audience during the showing .. there was even clapping.. Sorry you did not enjoy it..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never a fan of "Top Gun." Getting together with family is always great. Creating code names - what a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicknames are such a welsh thing too

      Delete
    2. Anonymous9:42 pm

      Of course, nowhere else in the world would people have nicknames.

      Delete
    3. I just said nicknames is a welsh thing ,which is true , for fucks sake

      Delete
    4. Anonymous10:17 pm

      This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    5. Blogger help has now been instrumental at helping me locate the anon commentator

      Delete
  12. I shudder to think the nickname my family would give me...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mine at school was fanny-and we had little ones there who cheekily would run up and say fish face and run away again when I was older x

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes