No Chatter



It’s warm, almost hot again today but with a breeze.
I’m happy to be alone today. 
I don’t want to chat or talk.
I have spoken to Gorgeous Dave and have finalised arrangements for tomorrow. 
Out of all of my friends he’s probably the most easy going so things will be fine.
Apart from him, I don’t really want to talk to anyone else.
I walked the dogs early when it was cooler and picked up my antibiotic prescription . 
But I was happy to return home. Dorothy is sleeping on the back patio . Mary is dozing in the front window, with one eye out for flying insects, things she most obsessed with .
From time to time, I can here the snap of her jaws as she tries to pluck a bluebottle from its flight. 


I’ve got paperwork to do, the lawn needs a cut and I’m going to play with my sister’s birthday pressie , the   Concertinaed garden hose, as the flower beds are so dry. 
But apart from that I’m just going to potter
All is ok with the world 

As long as no one wants to chatter

23 comments:

  1. Isn't it true that some days we just want to... be? A little bit of time with ourselves always comes handy.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute photos of both dogs! Looks like a lovely day there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do sound rested after your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice quiet day sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won't chatter then, just say "Hi!" Enjoy the pottering. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm typing this very quietly. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do look forward to the end of the day and the end of chatter sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell us about Dave sometime without all the gorgeous mullarky. Hobbies? How you know him. How the two of you interact. Would be nice to know a bit of background to your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was Dave's supervisor in samaritains. Though he needed very little coaching from me . He is a naturally incisive man when it comes to counselling and is a very bright cookie
      His nickname was coined on his first shift by a colleague who swore loudly that he was indeed gorgeous . As he flashed her a smile .
      He father is Indian his mother white British so he has natural good looks.
      I think our friedship dynamic has evolved over the years and we are good friends. We play badminton and go to the theatre often .


      He's thirty years my junior but I don't feel the age gap.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. A bit like me and Morris. Does he have a day time job?

      Delete
    3. He has joint custody of his two kids and works full time co ordinating suicide prevention strategies for wales

      Delete
    4. Interesting job; I could make several observations on co-ordinating suicide prevention but I'll leave it and leave you in peace. Thank you for explaining a bit about your friendship with Dave.

      Delete
  9. I'll just say hello and leave you in peace then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I dislike most chatter. Enjoy your peace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Not miserable mave just quiet today xxx

      Delete
  12. John, "no place like home." love the photos of the garden and lovable critters. how nice to be back! hugs from the base of the mini-mountain in Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You'd like it here! No-one to talk to, and the silence is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes our brains just need a break. I like to putter around as it can be relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’m glad, despite not wanting chatter, that all is right with your world.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's good to sit quietly and realise how much we can hear in a garden, working out how far the sounds have travelled.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sometimes a chatter-free and pottering around day is exactly what is needed. I hope it went to plan. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes