Sex And The City ( spoilers)

 

Episode 4 set the girls up with their new friends, oh and with Stanford’s ( clumsy) leaving so I was interested to see where episode 5 was going to go.

Episode 5 was a powerful piece all told…with more depth than many of the fluffy bunnies give it credit for.
The girls’ lunch  ( with Anthony acting as Samantha) was really joyous 
Carrie has hip problems, a fact that underlines that everyone is getting old and her  solid-as-a-rock relationship with a drunk Miranda is put to the test when Miranda has a dalliance with Che( Sara Rameriz)


Charlotte is dealing with her daughter’s gender identification as well as coping  with Carrie’s post op peeing, Miranda is suitably sexually confused, while Carrie is high on post on drugs and Anthony steals the show with his impersonation of Baby Jane Hudson 

The series is morphing into something more complicated and grounded now. With everyone older and slightly more flawed. The scene with Miranda orgasming with Che while poor Carrie has to pee in a bottle in the next room  underlines this beautifully and the subsequent interaction between Miranda and Carrie is incredibly moving 

It’s all a bit less frothy at times now but when we get older , don’t we all get less frothy ? 


Answers on a postcode please

13 comments:

  1. I am most definitely-I am far more grounded which seems to unbalanced some(which I like)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the original series, and it ended there...no movies either..How did they ever write out Samantha? Im assuming she relocated?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,… Antony and a new Asian character are sharing her role

      Delete
  3. The capital of Lesotho is Maseru. Heinz baked beans were first produced in 1901. Cher's real name is Cherilyn Sarkisian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Do have a mind full of information YP x

      Delete
    2. Well what could I say about "Sex in the City" flis? I have not seen a single episode of it and have no intention of ever changing that position.

      Delete
    3. I did watch some of the old ones-Nice clothes-and I liked Mr Big!(who was one of the ladies boyfriends) but they aren't on my free view box yet-so I shall wait-until then I shall eat a tangerine and repair my thatch's muzzle x

      Delete
  4. As I get older, I haven't the energy for frothy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to say, Happy 2022, John and all your lovely readers. Here's hoping it's a good one!xx

      Delete
  5. veg artist8:55 am

    Am having trouble commenting here now so this is the third attempt at saying I've never been frothy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:10 am

    Always knew those shoes would do Carrie no good in the long run.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn Marie2:47 pm

      I wonder does she finally switch from Manolo Blahniks to orthopedic shoes from FootSmart? Now that would be worth watching.

      Delete
  7. Oh I am really missing having Sky at the minute :-(

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes