The Walking Dead -The Final Season

 

I finally caught up with the first two episodes of The Walking Dead this afternoon.
I watched it on my iPad in my office with the curtains shut…the action was set underground for the most part, so was hard to follow
The genre is gone full circle …for its back at its horror roots again with the large cast of characters ( with too many red shirts in tow) battling the undead and the nasty living in the sewers and subway of Washington DC 
It’s reinvented itself yet again
Maggie ( Lauren Cohen) is back and her character is now rather unexpectedly harder and more anti Negan  than it was in previous seasons which has made her a new fan hate figure which is interesting. Cohen has some powerfully acted scenes in the first episodes which were a revelation and a sure lesson to the writers who so often have underwritten the main characters  to the detriment to the drama.
The Walking Dead is how heavily reliant on its female characters, which is fun


Yumiko ( Eleanor Marsuura) and Princess ( Juanita Sanchez above) are two relatively new faces that are starting to take centre stage alongside Carol (Melissa McBride) which is a nice change to the old male guard of its early days 
It’s nice I’m still following after a loyal ten years 
One of my first reviews




12 comments:

  1. Barbara Anne7:59 pm

    Enjoy it! Perhaps in the not too distant future you can buy yourself a boxed set of The Walking Dead DVDs?

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the nasty and the undead are no linger in dc and have thankfully moved to mar-a-lago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always pays to rewatch a favourite series, you will be surprised at what you missed and still enjoy it again .
    Keep in mind prolonged raised anxiety levels are not good for your health 🤣 so pace yourself and hope the kids don't pick up on the tense atmosphere. 😁🐕🐈‍⬛🐕

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't watched Walking Dead since Negan killed Alpha. I tried to watch how they defeated her boyfriend but, with too much talking, not enough action, I opted out. I'll be watching for your updates because I can't imagine how the story will end. Will there suddenly be a cure, the Walkers disappear and the living begin to bebuild what was before? I can't imagine the show would end without a final solution. And p.s. Did Eugene ever meet that girl from the radio?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In episode 2 of Season 11 he does. Or is it her? Who knows. Some are saying it isn’t. It’s so hard to tell as it’s so dark all the time and I have to have subtitles on cos I can’t understand what they’re saying. Lol.

      Delete
  5. Not my sort of thing. Still, horses for courses and all that. Enjoy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have never seen any of the walking dead but ironically I live in the town where it is filmed so often see the zombies wandering around and have visited the museum and tours many time with visitors from the uk ( back in the days of travel). always good fun. Enjoy the final season. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am miffed that after following for ten years it moved from Fox to Disney. I am not at all technical and it seemed too complicated to get Disney. I gave up and will have to wait for the DVDs. I just really hope it does make it to DVD eventually so that I can catch it then. In the meantime I will hoover up any crumbs you pass on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's hard to believe that it has been on for 10 years. TWD has had a good run. I'm going to hate to see it end. For some odd reason, I'm waiting for Rick to come back in a helicopter landing before it's all over. Remember the trash junk yard lady? Didn't she spin off in a helo?

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes