Mozzarella Dippers

 

This morning nine of my fellow students that had enrolled in “ A brief exploration of Wind in Cinema” met up on zoom for coffee. Several live in London, two are from the states and one lives in Malta. 
I am the only Northerner .
By the feel of the conversation most of us live alone ( although rather theatrically one elderly and rather grumpy spouse of a professor type kept shuffling around in the background of his study carrying piles of washing in her arms) and so over the space of nearly two hours we chatted about our favourite films, the recent BAFTA nominations, what film changed your life and the knotty question of Was Hitchcock a real pervert?
All great fun.

The weather deteriorated this afternoon so, after a walk, the dogs and I went up to McDonalds and shared a whole box of mozzarella cheese dippers in complete, joyous silence .

23 comments:

  1. If you really enjoyed the dippers it wouldn't have been silent for all the lip smacking of joy.

    After all the deliberation was his Hitching of Cockiness a pervert? If so would he make my knob twitch? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very much doubt it mave

      Delete
    2. In which case I'll stick with quizzing

      Delete
  2. I know Hitchcock had a thing for young blondes, but I'm unaware of any other perverted streak...do tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we came up with lots of stuff related to misogyny ( Veryigo rear window) rape ( Marnie) gratuitous bra shots ( psycho)

      Delete
  3. Who got the most dippers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Equal share charlotte .
      A third of each

      Delete
  4. I don't think the McDonald's over here have cheese stick dippers. I could be wrong.
    Yes. Hitchcock was indeed a pervert of some sort or another. IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my local mc dog chow has mozz sticks; never had them as I don't care for mozz cheese.

      Delete
  5. You paint a wonderful picture of your Zoom meeting. It would make a fascinating, short film in itself. Can't eat cheese (lactose intolerant - talk about wind in film) but they look yummy. Who enjoyed them the most? xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those small groups are great aren't they. Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dippers look delish, The Birds, it has taken me decades to get over The Birds,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea McDonalds had "mozzarella cheese dippers"! I love those -- what I knew as mozzarella cheese sticks. Haven't had them in years. And now I have a craving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that the background spouse appears again next time John-she may be Intently vacuuming or Flicking a feather duster x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe it's time to see the optometrist, because I read this blog title as Mozzarella Diapers. I couldn't imagine, so was relieve to see dippers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like a lovely morning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too didn't know such; these sound better than what passes for chicken nuggets.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hitchcock despised actors and Michael Powell was a misogynist. That's all I know. Re the mozzarella dippers, how's your heart?

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely -I mean there's mostly bad shite about this time but getting to meet a group of like minded internationally based film lovers? Tiny grains of good in t all eh. And agreed about them mozerella sticks, nom nom

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes