Lockdown a few more thoughts

Overheard but not seen through the living room window
" Hello Darling are you sunbathing" 
Winnie gives the stranger a grunt
" Arhhh Geoffrey he's trying to shake paws" 
More grunting
"Look Geoffrey shake his paw, he's holding it out to you!"
"Hello" ( males voice - presumably Geoffrey's)
More grunting
" She 's showing you the shaved bit on her leg where the vet took blood" I called out from the living room 
" Awwww poor baby let's see your poorly leg then. Come on show us your poorly leg!" 
Lots of satisfied grunting followed

Choir meeting last night on Zoom.
Bit of a technological disaster but it was always good to see everyone
Hattie recorded our final song's visuals rather than the singing and speeded up it looks rather sweet given the fact we were all belting out our usual final song 
" You Raise Me Up!" 
Which often leaves a few choristers all a but teary eyed




The physicality of the lockdown hit home on Monday for obvious reasons
I needed a hug. A physical, it will be alright hug
And it didn't come

But what did come was the texts and the videos and the messages and the gifs and all of those wonderful things the mobile phone and the iPad  now gives us all


Almost having friends in the same room .

I've had a shave and a bath and changed my clothes today.
Ive combed my hair and used moisturiser ( see I do listen Mavis)
I've listen to ghost stories videoed from a friend, Colin in Liverpool
And still have paperwork to complete , which has been laying out since Monday

I am officially single and have let go of the want to have closure of certain things too faraway now to need to deal with. History has been rewritten and will be now believed. I emailed my former husband a last email and wished us both " happier times" 

I made bread last night
And I'm already looking forward to going back to work tomorrow night
On the whatsapp Trelawnyd community warden forum Bunty shared a photo of her extra short haircut and Affable despot Jason asked me for some spare paintings to put up in his new, home made summer house

Albert looks thinner , maybe needs a wormer

Will treat Trendy Carol ( in natty maroon shorts yesterday) and her hubby to Easter eggs from the girls when I go shopping for dog food later. They continue to be stars

Villager Jim passed the cottage last night and looked through the window to see the lit flamingo
We shared a thumbs up sign
" all is well" we mouthed


  

59 comments:

  1. I have so much I want to say and yet can’t find any words ... forgive me ... v tearful today ... and I for one can’t wait to hug you and have you hug me back ... Libs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think everyone could use an actual hug. Or two. But the situation in the world just won't let us. Gotta be careful until this whole mess is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did Bunty give herself a buzz cut? I've never been brave enough to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did , she now looks like Vasquez from Aliens

      Delete
  4. I experienced some issues with sound. For example, the sounds accompanying the first video clip were undoubtedly the primeval noises of someone or something having sex - probably with himself, herself or itself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brave Bunty - I wish I could go really short! No hairdresser available for some time - I've even stopped blow drying and just go natural - I didn't realize my hair is getting wavy and I like it!
    Your day was full of good things. I just played the video for Bob -
    that's his favorite song (especially when Josh Groban sings it), and it's heart warming at this time.
    Stay strong and well dear John. No hug possible - but sending a X

    P.S. I wish I still had good legs - I'd be wearing 'natty shorts' too - 86F today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need a worm tablet. Have one with your tea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such wonderful friends in your village and your choir is almost as good as Josh Groban!
    Hugs much needed here too. It's a lonely time up the end of a lane

    ReplyDelete
  8. No hugs needed here and the way things are going on Going Gently today I'm not going to get one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just spotted Jamie and his posteria John,I'm tempted to move to Wales and ask to join your Choir-but sadly I sound like Hilda Ogdon.Was one of the ladies doing the Ymca dance moves?-they do look a fun group x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Virtual is not the same as in person, hugs all around. I understand the looking forward to going back to work. Take care, stay safe and well,

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Winnie is an expert John. Can't seem to find out how to buy a T shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click on the Tee Shirt title under either illustration

      Delete
  12. The butt swaying is wonderful. No wonder the choir is popular.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's good to hear that you listen, but more so that you act upon the advice.

    Cheering you on from the sidelines x

    ReplyDelete
  14. a {{{{{B-I-G H-U-G}}}}} from the city of brotherly love and sisterly affection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Barbara Anne4:24 pm

    Your marvelous blog, musings, music, narrative, and the comments raise me up. Ta!

    In the meantime, close your eyes, rap your arms around yourself, and give yourself a hug.

    Hang in there. We're with you from a distance.

    Hugs all around!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too many near teary moments, and hugs needed everywhere methinks. It's tough, but we are so lucky compared to many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just got off the phone from a friend who is helping out on an itu in London
      We know NOTHING

      Delete
  17. Anonymous4:49 pm

    Please keep a close watch on little Albert. I always worry when they start to lose weight.Huge hugs to all of your wonderful little family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and he's not a cuddle cat so catching him is a blog entry all of its own

      Delete
    2. Oh that's a problem,
      Every cat I have had couldn't resist cheese, so I would crush a worm tablet and incorporate it into the centre of little cheese balls that could be easily scoffed down...hope that helps.

      Delete
    3. A friend had to take their cat to the vets to get him wormed the vet had a pair of special elbow length gauntlets for Charlie and it still took three people , he was a feisty boy .

      Delete
  18. Yes, please keep an eye on Albert, the quiet one of your group. And I'm happy that you are moving forward -- just wish it didn't have to come in the midst of this new disturbing time, which makes its own demands.

    I rarely comment here (usually because someone else has expressed whatever I thought and done it very well), but read every day. Your blog is a godsend in a crazy world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's almost impossible to catch let alone worm

      Delete
  19. It is so challenging to weather this. It is just me and my dog here for lockdown. Not a bit of physical human contact in a month now. Online and electronic contact is a lifesaver.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What can we say John, un dydd ar y tro. Hwyl Suz x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Winnie's conversation with the couple! Some pets do enjoy a bit of sympathy don't they?! I have a cat that loves to be told she is beautiful. When you make a big deal of her beauty she will roll around and look even cuter for you. Sending you hugs from faraway in Missouri.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous7:11 pm

    Sending you a big virtual hug and a scotch egg from Gloucestershire xxx

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  23. That village of yours is so filled with kindness. Heartwarming (I use that word a lot here). Sending you a cyber hug. It's the best I can do, but I mean it sincerely.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a really nice entry.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Are you sure that Trendy Carol would appreciate a Pedigree Easter Egg?

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the overheard exchange. "Your poorly leg" -- awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sending love to you and the pups and all,from a locked down but beautiful sunny day in Florida.
    The cats are napping and I am plotting an escape.
    And a nap.
    A Chocolate Easter bunny sure would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You're not single John, you're just between relationships.
    Winnie lol, poor old girl.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I linked to your choir YouTube videos in explaining safe ways to stay socially engaged

    ReplyDelete
  30. You live in a lovely sounding place, where people really care about you. Lucky you, in spite of all of it.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes