Zombies to look forward to.....


I hate Saturday mornings
They shriek of couple time and wherever you go , you seem to be surrounded by couples catching up on the mundane and the routine things in life.
I tried to divert myself from coupledom by reading the latest twitter feeds
But it would seem all the gay twitter feeds I follow have hirsute men selfies on them proclaiming goddam awful hangovers and showing a beautiful range of bed linen.
I bought some nice bed linen this morning on the back of it ( special offer in Sainsburys )
It was either that or a cat flap, and I couldn't face the pet store this morning
Not with all those doggy couples about!
The bed linen looks crisp and inviting so bedtime should be a smallish treat tonight
Having said that the wind whistling through the catflap is a pisser .
I've had to fashion a curtain of kitchen tissue in the meantime, which has thrown Albert into a dicky fit.
Later I'm catching up with Jason the affable despot.
We are going to theatre Clwyd to see Night of the Living Dead remix, which is a " remaking" of a famous original zombie movie on stage!
Frothy and rubbish , I suspect, but frothy and rubbish is ideal if you are in the company of some who laughs easily.


A sudden sleet/ snow shower has whistled through the catflap like a rat up a drainpipe, sending the dogs scuttling back into the warmth of the living room.
I now friggin regret not buying one....
Hey ho

24 comments:

  1. Perhaps you should fit a double chamber (what are they called? They have them on space-ships...) on the cat flap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I carry spares for my catflap. There is nothing worse than losing heat from the house because of an open catflap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about Saturdays too. Same here.

      Delete
  3. Does Amazon do next day delivery in your area? If I can't stand the stores, I order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tack a piece of carpet up there temporarily perhaps? The heat loss must be cat-astrophic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm snickering here. It's Saturday morning but there's no couple catching up on the week's mundanities. Though I must admit to being happy the coffee was made before I dragged myself out of bed and admired videos of my taller half's grandchildren, as you do, and now he's gone back to bed to snore and snuffle like one of your dogs and here I sit by my lonesome, catching up on favourite blogs like yours. I'm okay with being alone but that's because I'm not healing from a broken heart, as you are. Or maybe some of us just like to be alone, while others like company more often. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara Anne3:36 pm

    I second the suggestion of getting a cat flap from Amazon. No muss, no fuss.

    Lovely flowers!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For a moment I thought you said flat cap, not cat flap. You would look cool in a flat cap. More sophisticated than those Benny-From-Crossroads beanies you favour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. spouse usually goes to work on saturday morning, so I have quiet time to knit. got some chores done, took a shower, and I have some cornbread baking.

    my 3 cats are napping, one of them beside me on the couch. over here, it's too damn cold/windy to go outside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm having a similar problem during this stormy weather too John regarding my cat flap-whilst walking my darling dogs today there was a definite chill around mine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've now fixed it...in a rush of testosterone

      Delete
    2. Loverly John- you can turn your hand to anything x

      Delete
  10. John I think most of us 'loners' hate Saturday because of all the couples around. Luckily I went out with a friend to a local pub for lunch today which broke the day up nicely. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe you could ask for the Saturday morning [and Sunday afternoon?] shifts at work, so you are too busy to be sad or gloomy? I never notice ''coupledom'' here, I guess it is not as big a deal when partners are busy with kids, beach, sports [golf!] and other life stuff. My ex husband always worked Saturdays, I loved the day alone.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely Spring bouquet on your table! Too bad about the cat flap.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We got that sleet/snow too. Fortunately there is no cat flap here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photo. I love the way your furniture is always draped with dog. Lovely flowers and so glad you have now fixed the cat flap, I read the comments, before commenting myself. Enjoy the zombies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your flowers are beautiful! I hope you have enjoyed the theatre. Zombies on stage should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the Zombies Poster !
    Enjoy.
    parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my God! The remix sounds amazing. Hope you enjoyed yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh dear! our house came with a cat flap that we never use so we taped the lid of an icecream container over it. Lasted ten years until we looked after a friend's fox terrier recently who went MAD at the cat flap and smashed the plastic which over time had become very brittle indeed. Bloody Ella Foxgerald, as she is called, is a delight and a horror in equal measures!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We got that sleet/snow too. Fortunately there is no cat flap here!custom swimsuits custom made swimsuits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you selling swimwear here?

      Delete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes