Sea Pinks In The Dunes

I'm late blogging today.
I've been in the garden cutting down buddliea and clearing the dead wood from the borders and even with gloves on my hands are tingling with the stings of nettles
Polish Monika and her chatty daughter called past and I lifted up the little girl up so she could see the dogs over the kitchen wall
I've only just thought that I shouldn't have picked her up without permission .
Humm a debate for another time I guess

With the days drawing in and because there seems to be a sharpness in the air, I thought it nice to pose a hopefully stimulating and bright competition
To brighten the rapidly approaching Winter nights!
So,although it's a fickle subject and open to so many changes of mind, I thought I would pose this question

What is your favourite bit of art----today?

You can send me a photo of the art piece and perhaps a few words saying why you like it so much
Send to me at jgsheffield@hotmail.com

My favourite piece is a original print by Fiona Calver
" Sea Pinks in the Dunes " 
I like it because it feels Gently Art Deco in design and colour
It really
pleases me


so what pleases you?

24 comments:

  1. I will have to think about that but for now I'll just say I love that picture. It certainly pleases me. For some reason that pink against the blue is absolutely soothing and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably the one I paint next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ll have to send you my fav. It was actually a gift and I find it makes me stop and look at it every time my eyes find it.
    I like that Fiona Calver. Love the colors.
    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already had a few very interesting paintings in

      Delete
  4. Almost anything by Frida Kahlo, I like her art, plus anyone who had an affair with Lev Bronhstein, aka Trotsky, is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send me a photo of your favourite mike

      Delete
    2. I read Mike's comment just after I came out of a Frieda Kahlo lecture this afternoon. Trotsky and his wife used to swap partners with Frieda and Diego.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Join in mave....I'm sure you can find an old postcard to enter

      Delete
  6. I like that one too. As you say, gently art deco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling this is going to be a popular comp
      6 entries already

      Delete
  7. I sent in my entry earlier but I also love this one of yours. I go for simplicity in art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that too John-I have a photo of my lovely lily looking out to sea,similar setting but no sea pinks x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I have 2 favourites neither of which I think I could get a photo of! The first is in my local art gallery and is rather unimaginatively entitled 'two oranges and a saucepan ' it's a still life study done in pointillist and is magnificent, I could look at it for hours. The second is by a local artist and I would give my eye teeth for it. It is for sale but priced at about a third of my annual income, so totally out of my reach. It's of two men fixing a motorbike in a back street, there's washing blowing on a line and you can almost feel the sunshine. It was displayed at the Royal Academy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only rule is there must be a photo

      Delete
  10. Lovely idea John x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope my entry arrives by e mail John.

    Like your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What pleases me? Certainly not picking little girls up! N, no, no! I will send my art entry as requested.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This may be difficult. I have a few I really like/enjoy. I will pick one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Barbara Anne8:49 pm

    Lovely!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm... I don't really do art but I think I might have picture I could send.

    Jo in Auckland

    ReplyDelete
  16. cheap oakley sunglasses, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of cheap women oakley sunglasses, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea. Sea Pinks in the Dunes is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes