Both Sides Now



It's Halloween and the Brexit deadline
I don't much care for either
I do however have a stash of sweets hidden away in the kitchen just in case some brave soul tries to negotiate the adventure playground which is my cottage garden path in the dark!
I seem to remember last year's shenanigans where Affable despot Jason and a hoard of kids ran around the Churchyard like loons!
great fun!
Last night I watched a few minutes of the documentary that was publicizing the recording of Children In Need charity album and I just caught, mad-as-a-badger Helena Bonham Carter singing Joni Mitchell's Both Sides Now
We only glimpsed the performance but something in it caught my attention and it moved  greatly



I am loving you most loved artwork entries..please keep them coming ,,,,,,,,little snippets of brightness on a grey day...……..I think Both Sides Now has made me somewhat melancholic 
email them to me jgsheffield@hotmail.com





















18 comments:

  1. I am a liking this art "competition". Today I particularly like Marc Chagall and his painting The Sabbath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smiling bubble :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get carving your obligatory pumpkin you Auld whyte Witch 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

    ReplyDelete
  4. In that TV programme I was much more moved by Jodie Whittaker's heartfelt version of "Yellow" by Coldplay. It was wonderful to hear her singing in a Yorkshire accent and for her late nephew who was evidently afflicted by Down's Syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tjalf Sparnaay, the food painter is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh - What a beautiful piece of music - I didn't recall the title but when I played it I remembered it well. The art entries are superb - I love the pig. Happy Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadly I shall miss the Halloween callers as will be stuck in hospital tonight.

    I have a copy of John Singer Sergant's Carnation Lily Lily Rose. Love the man holding the baby and dog with ball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my Dad and youngest son at their first meeting, painted by the baby in the picture ... now that he's 32 as a gift for my mum :-)

      Delete
    2. That is a stunning picture x Hwyl Suz.

      Delete
  8. The pumpkin in the window is delightful. Suits me to a T.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara Anne2:25 pm

    I love the bubbles, but had to chuckle at the picture under it that I take to be Little Red Riding Hood. Methinks she's looking good ...!

    Perhaps if you make a pumpkin pie, the day will sweeten up?

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought for a moment that the final guy, the regency buck, was reading his cell phone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Halloween, even if it's not your favourite holiday. I'm enjoying all the art photos people are sending in. I must find something to send as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this mature version of Both sides now like Joni we are all older now and the song takes on a new meaning. I love all the art work I hope we don't get to many children come by because I have almost eaten all the candy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved that John,but found it painful-it gets me right in the stomach.I think the pictures are wonderful and I'm so enjoying them all- I can't see my 2 though so I'll have another go-don't know what I'm doing wrong x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps -that's a lovely pumpkin glowing invightingly in your cottage window this evening John,and so nicely carved x

      Delete
  14. I love the art. Especially the UN-famously ones.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, best-loved artwork. I see. (How did I get so far behind on your blog?!) I do love that Sargent painting of the girls in the garden with the lanterns.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes