Nothing Done


The garden is full of alliums. The purple pom poms contrasting nicely with the yellow of the Welsh Poppies. May is the best time to appreciate my garden but this year it looks even better because the warm spells we have had during spring have brought everything out so much earlier and the Iris which only usually bloom on my birthday in June are already proud in their blue and yellow livery.
I've ear marked nothing else for myself today but gardening, but as usual its now 9.30 am and I am still working away on my laptop with my daily bucket of coffee.
This happened yesterday when Karen, the matriarch of the village Women's Institute, called around for a "chat", we ended up discussing local history for an age
I am now facilitating a history discussion at their meeting in June and the grass didn't get cut until well after 8pm!
It's now 10.20 and I am now searching for a cheap rail ticket in order to see Fleetwood Mac! I was given, yes GIVEN! a ticket to see them the other day! how fantastic is that?


10.45 am and I'm now texting friends in Sheffield for a possible meet up just after my birthday
10.53 am and Nu has just messaged me from Florence, it's her birthday today!
11.20 am I've used up an Christmas voucher to buy a couple of tickets to the outdoor  cinema showing of A Star is Born in the Roman Gardens in Chester....another birthday gift for another friend
I've got side  tracked into looking at what's on in the cinema


11.38am and George is tapdancing on the kitchen floor because he wants a pee.
I'll take him about for an amble presently, oh and when I am up in the village I need to check on farmer Basil who I heard is not 100%....
oh and I also need to drop the copy of the 1851 census to Nick from the community association
that will take me to around 1pm
……………..and still I would not have done a minute's worth of soddin gardening

Welcome to my world

12.29 pm and I have just started to prune my massive evergreen bush in the front garden
when after three snips I found this

12.31 pm ….….tools down!



52 comments:

  1. Err...You appear to have forgotten the title and the text but it's a nice picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to publish most of the text too!

      Delete
  2. Wishing you even more beauty today. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flowers!
    One of the things I really like about spring is that we get to see people’s gardens 😍

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Alliums. What I would give to see Stevie Nicks and co.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fleetwood Mac - colour me jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was 15 I used to constantly play Rumours
      Then apart from Bat out of hell that was the only album I owned

      Delete
  7. Gardening is a brilliant way to slow down x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eventually went to clear the lane of weeds outside my wall.. backbreaking work

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a delightful morning, we all need that kind of day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a busier afternoon!
      Choir tonight.....

      Delete
  9. fleetwood mac...what fun! your alliums are beautiful. i used to grow them here but they suddenly disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will send you the seed heads in the Autumn if I'm still here

      Delete
  10. That was my day yesterday. I finally made it out to the garden after lunch, didn't find any bird eggs though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was picking Cherries yesterday, and found a tiny nest at the very end of a top branch. I too shall leave her in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Procrastination is the spice of life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Getting a lot done nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many of my days seem to go like that as well but I'll be honest with you- I don't get nearly as much done.
    And as always, life is what happens while we're busy making other plans, as dear John Lennon said.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Barbara Anne12:46 pm

    What a delightful morning and so many things accomplished other than gardening. Sweet nest!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a very well-made nest. You're certainly a busy guy! I'm jealous of your Fleetwood Mac ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We really need to build time to procrastinate into our schedules!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for sharing your day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a lovely little nest. I hope Albert doesn't find it! Hope you are feeling a bit better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That sounds exactly like the days I plan too. Getting sidetracked is my speciality in life! Love your garden. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Routine helps body and health.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That was a lovely account. Glad you spotted the nest. Hope tomorrow will be good too. x

    ReplyDelete
  25. You get more done in a morning than I do in a week. Only partly joking :)

    What a sweet surprise to find in the evergreen!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That nest is a lovely surprise and really John that sort of day will do you good after your few hectic days - those alliums are perfection. Folk will be too busy admiring them to look at any weeds that might be there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working thurs, friday and sat night duty too

      Delete
  27. You are so busy and much appreciated enjoy fleetwood Mac I love them x Hugs to Mary she is my hero what a girl x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's still sat in the doorway , me thinks mr ginger is still around

      Delete
  28. You are a delightful man. Yes, to fleetwood Mac. Yes, too tiny blue eggs in your hedge.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oooh. Definitely tools down. A more than valid excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nikki Lauder's dead.

    Nikki who?

    Lauder.

    NIKKI WHO?

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love Alliums. And you can dry them and they are still amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lori Wong8:11 pm

    I trim everything back very severely in the winter and I don't touch anything until I am sure all the birds/squirrels are done nesting. Sometimes the eggs/babies get devoured and the birds have a second round of nesting.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Getting side tracked worked in your favor so many fun moments especially finding the nest. Fleetwood Mac how wonderful good on you John.

    ReplyDelete
  34. John, at least you know what's going one between spurts. I find it too easy to stare and do nothing.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes