Chatty Cathy

The stormy weather we have experienced over the past few days is gradually subsiding.
On the village website Mr Lancelot put on a post asking if anyone had seen his recycling bins. He lives on the side of the Gop and I suspect they have been blown clear across the fields.
You can tell it's been cold and rough as apart from a quick glimpse of Animal helper Pat crossing the road and the scene of Trendy Carol ( sporting a new Northside jacket) with her head down against the gales , the village has been deserted.
Oh I still see old Trevor every day and we have gotten the administration of his daily enoxoparin injections down to a fine art. My best time from ringing doorbell, walking into lounge checking syringe, giving subcutaneous drug, disposable of sharps in yellow hazard bin to walking out has been a magnificent fifteen seconds. Mind you Trevor was quick sticks on the opening of the old pyjama bottoms!

I cleaned the church the other day and I felt I was in the set of one of those dark Grand Guignol moves of the 1940s, with the wind howling around the gable ends as loud a pack of wolves.
I had to switch the lights on to calm myself down.
There was a folk concert in the Hall last night but I couldn't get myself into gear to go as I had promised myself.
Next time I will, but not a day after three night shifts.

This morning I feel much brighter and chatty ( hence this tit perky blog entry). The first job of the day is to plan the week as I have another cluster of night shifts over next weekend.
If I don't plan, I tend not to do......
And so I've booked badminton with GD, theatre in Chester with my sister ( only cheap seats ) two Sam shifts where I am mentoring new starters, lunch out with a friend, a cinema trip, some " business" meetings, a morning to act out an Obi Ben Kanobi moment with the new Flower Show Padawan AND I managed to snaffle the very last return ticket to see An Evening With Ian McKellen at Theatre Clwyd on Tuesday.....I will have to miss choir but I have already emailed my apologies to Jamie the 1940s moustached choir master Andy asked for some homework to do in the guise of the bass parts of Dorme Dorme via email....I can practice it in the car in Tesco's car park.
Jamie won't mind, Ian McKellen is a gay god of some stature!
Oh and the prizes for the winners of the postcard competition will be here next week. I ordered them an age ago but customer care is not what it used to be. The gifts will be posted on , but please winners can you remind me of your addresses....jgsheffield@hotmail.com

The dogs and I are now off to Colwyn Bay Promenade for a blow . Albert is sleeping off his home caught and decapitated meal of baby rabbit. The body had been thoughtfully left on the bathroom floor this morning.
I'll leave you with a look at a linocut I got recently...it's an early birthday gift to myself ...they are all the rage at the moment.
The simplicity of it pleases me.
It's titled Nature Table

58 comments:

  1. Thanks for the chatty update, a glimpse into life in the village. Have a great week and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albert is the Bear Grylls of your household! You've a busy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once, many years ago, had a screaming live rabbit dumped on my bed in the middle of the night by our ferocious hunter of a pedigree siamese cat. Since I had no idea what it was I started screaming too, my sister did the heroic thing and rescued the rabbit.

    Love your Nature Table, it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm tired just READING of all you're doing next week PLUS working! Glad to see you're
    picking up somethings you love to add to your wonderful home! I do love the print!
    Thankfully a screaming child is the only thing that's woken me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes at least the rabbit was dead.. screaming rabbits have been a subject of several of my posts over the years

      https://disasterfilm.blogspot.com/2012/04/size-of-rabbits-lungs.html

      Delete
  5. Wow ... a busy week ahead ... enjoy!!

    We too had a baby rabbit in the house this morning, but Ginger brought it in alive to play with and luckily I noticed his playful prancing around and rescued little Mr Bunny before any harm was done to him. He was quickly relocated to the hillside and I was left with a very downbeat cat sulking in the kitchen and attacking any passing fluff ball with a vicious savagery that has to be seen to be believed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen Albert kill a three quarter grown rabbit when he was younger. It was as savage as anything David Attenborough could narrate

      Delete
    2. Yes, Ginger kills fully grown rabbits too. You wouldn't think he had it in him but he does. Thank goodness he can't figure out how to fit through the cat-flap with them ... they would take a lot more catching than the timid little babies I'm busy relocating at the moment!

      Delete
  6. ooooh, you MUST review ian's theatre performance for us! how is auntie glad; have you seen her lately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't .....it's been remiss of me

      Delete
  7. Rabbit stew for lunch? In all the years I had cats we never had a cat flap, so didn't have to cope with too many half dead creatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rabbits are breeding in the churchyard, they have runs under several of the tombs

      Delete
  8. I love this post. I can picture everything as it unfolds :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's more than I do in a week, unless I schedule it out on a calendar! Oh, wait, that's what you did. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to physically " see" what I'm doing...I am a devil for lists

      Delete
  10. Barbara Anne2:20 pm

    What a delightfully busy week you've planned for yourself and I am so happy you got the ticket to see Sir Ian! Just the way to enjoy life between a run of night shifts.

    'Nature Table' is lovely.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that if I don't plan things good and bad, I end up doing nothing and feeling worse

      Delete
    2. Barbara Anne7:01 pm

      Me, too.

      Hugs!

      Delete
  11. Chipper post . . .
    Nature Table gets a YES from me . . . light, pleasant.
    Great Birthday gift . . .
    Busy week schedule . . .
    I like your taking good care of yourself . . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. "An Evening with Ian McKellen" -- you lucky duck! I'm sure it will be delightful and contain many droll and/or revealing stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm banking on a bit of well versed smut too

      Delete
  13. I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Phew, I'm worn out just reading of your busy schedule! Good for you, and all the others who benefit from your 'get up and go' these days.

    Tell us all about Sir Ian when you have time - would love to be there for his performance.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the picture and what a busy time you have coming up. I am sure you will enjoy Ian M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so......he's like a male Maggie smith

      Delete
  16. Anonymous4:12 pm

    Like a week in Ambridge, just lovely.
    When we first moved out of London, Tiggy Cat went native and left a dis-embowled rabbit on the outside window cill.
    We thought it might be the locals, letting us townies know "outsiders wern't welcome 'round these 'er parts".
    We were 28 miles from Piccadilly Circus!
    Then we found out it was Tiggy, phew.
    Enjoy the week, not too giddy now though.
    Tess xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do so like reading your blogs...so glad you are perked up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have heard that many Welshmen like to visit Colwyn Bay Promenade for a blow but this normally happens at night.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was waiting for 'someone' to make a comment about Colwyn Bay Promenade. Certain readers of yours never let us down!!!lol What a busy week you are having!I'm watching 3 rabbits running around playing in the snow. They are still pure white so that means Spring is still a ways away. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im bound to meet a blog reader there one day

      Delete
  20. Love the picture John, especially the bright, cheerful colours. Enjoy I McK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've framed some more of the postcards from the competition pat too

      Delete
  21. You have lots to do this week ! Sounds busy but quite nice.
    We have bunnies out and about right now and the coyotes are singing about that.
    Love the print. Very happy colors after your very cold winter.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always love your art selections. We have no more room (and a closet with a line-up of framed art with no place to go), but it takes all my self-control to not be inspired by your purchases. As for Chatty Cathy. Did the Chatty Cathy doll make it to the UK in the '60s? The TV show the Twilight Zone did a take-off on that which gave me nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a saying my.mother used ...ie you talk too much

      Delete
    2. If you don't have anything nice to say, come over & sit beside me.

      Delete
  23. Love the art collection building up! So how do you make your lists -paper, chalk or white board? Phone? I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
  24. i can't wait to hear how ian mckellen! it's so good you are so busy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love Ian McKellen! I hope you'll tell us all about it. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love Ian too 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fantastic linocut.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The wind hasnt deposited anything other than rubbish this time, makes a change weve had a wendy house trampoline and a shed roof last year , we have the last hedge before the open fen and its just full of plastic

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous3:59 pm

    Shouldn't Trevor's medical needs and what he has injections of be confidential?

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes