Season 9 Episode 7

I always think that it's kind of weird that no one wears rainbow colours ?
No Star Trek red shirts

 The Walking Dead  is a whole new adventure with new characters who show their own individual back stories in the narrative ( Magna's eclectic group working so well in just two episodes) but the cement of the franchise has to be the original characters who, over eight years we have gotten to know so well.
Tonight's episode " Stradivarius" had a delightfully moving and playful scene where Carol ( Melissa McBride) finally cut Daryl's ( Norman Reddus') grotty hair . Their friendship has lasted the entirety of the show and what is unsaid in the scene is far more moving than any verbal exchange could be.
It shrieks history and trust and love which was sweet.

The tension in the show  is building nicely for the reveal of the Whisperers ...my only gripe is that Jesus and Aaron are not an item ! ..........or are they?

Carol and Daryl and the haircut! 

The mid season Finale next Monday then nothing until the new year
Bloody hell

Night animals:---- the dogs and Albert on the couch ( Winnie is underneath the throng)

15 comments:

  1. How much longer will dear Mary have to wear that damned cone? I suppose you could decorate it like an inverted Christmas tree...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take it off several times a day but she's unpredictable with scratching

      Delete
  2. I hate it when they take it off mid season. Don't they know we know it's only to fit in old Christmas movies and buy, buy, advertising. In Melbourne we have taken on the American tradition of Black Friday to buy up big. I hope it doesn't replace our own tradition of Boxing Day Sales, a great tradition of trampling people to death to grab a crappy bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also loved the scenes with Carol and Daryl. But every episode I'm wondering does the guy never wash his hair? Or pull it out of his face? And they had Michonne's hair in her face half the time. And, where did Maggie go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The haircut helps, but they've got Daryl looking way too ratty and unkept this season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the critter pile on the sofa! It's funny how Albert takes the top spot, like he's the alpha dog, and is very comfortable in that position!

    I'm guessing dating, gay or straight, is going to be very different in the zombie apocalypse. Not only do you have to worry about STDs and children, you also have to keep an eye out for zombies wanting to eat you.



    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara Anne2:00 am

    Winnie is certainly snug as a bug in the rug!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Winnie can breathe! That pile of pets is funny and sweet.

    The length of a "season" on TV seems to be decreasing all the time, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr John Gray - go sit on the naughty step. I have just spent the past few minutes searching this delightful picture for a THONG ....... and then I read the post again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate that they take a mid season break just as I get really into a new series. I always worry I might miss the start back as I have on occasion. I am relying on you to tell me when it's back on! Love the heap of pets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read that as , Winnie was under the thong.. So much for speed reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous4:02 pm

    Those fake gmail robots (which seem to have nothing to do with gmail) are getting closer, what with "animal jam". Maybe even "geometry dash". Wonder if Mary's cone mistakenly inspired the "happy wheels" too?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I like the show with its recent changes. I'm not 100% on board yet, but I'm really looking forward to the Whisperers. Their intro a couple weeks back, with Rosita and Eugene covered with mud, was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that pile of pets, poor Winnie is underneath all that, probably toasty warm though. You are intriguing me to be brave and watch Walking Dead again.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes