Heels

I adore my feet being rubbed...it has been a lifelong passion. If no massage is forthcoming from the academic, I will content myself with a good licking by one of the dogs.
Dogs love cheesy feet!
Years ago now, I was a reflexology " volunteer". My good friend Joy and her classmates were studying for their massage exams and needed a regular pair of feet to practice on almost on a daily basis.
I was more than happy to be their guinea pig, having my feet rubbed then was the idea panacea to the world's stresses of running a busy spinal injury ward.

One evening, I went round to Joy's house for a " rub" and got allocated to one of her new colleagues who needed some extra practice. The trainee reflexologist turned out to be a shy British Telicom workman called Charlie who had just started his training . He looked slightly awkward as I was his first " client" and he made a point of saying that all his "practical" work had been done on his wife.

Anyhow, off he went squeezing and rubbing and being the ideal reflexology model, I gave him feedback and asked appropriate questions of his technique.
Now, I never fully understood the science behind reflexology, all I know is that it feels bloody good.....so after Charlie had given the sides of my heels a particularly thorough seeing too, I made a point of complementing him by saying
" that was bloody amazing!..you could do that to me all day"
Charlie blushed and looked particularly awkward
But I pressed on regardless
" what part of the body corresponds to the heel area" I asked...trying to sound like the ideal student
Charlie coughed and looked uncomfortable
And Joy, who was rubbing another volunteer's feet nearby, leant over and stage whispered the answer into my ear
" your Bollocks," she said with a smile!
I closed my eyes and tried to look invisible for the rest of the session

29 comments:

  1. Oh, I bet Charlie never forgot you, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Oh, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I've never understood reflexology but I can certainly attest to the power of a good foot-rub. (Although Dave has a phobia about feet and won't touch mine -- or anyone's!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried the fish nibbling at the hard skin on your feet? That's supposed to feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you- I'd rather have a foot massage than almost anything else in the world. And no, I am not naming other things.
    It is heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Heel, John! Joy knew what command to say to get you to behave like you were well trained!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:20 pm

    Hope you don't mind me asking, but was that the best seeing too your bollocks had ever had??

    ReplyDelete
  8. The simple joys in life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My sister and I shared a bed when we were kids. She would tickle my feet to drive me crazy. It was horrible and as a result, just the thought of someone touching my feet makes me feel ill.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We did foot massages on a retreat once, the amount of noise the host of the retreat farmhouse made we decided it was the best experience she had ever had !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha John! No wonder it felt good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:49 pm

    If your bollocks were that sensitive to touch I dare say your feet's soles must have been quite soft (working hardened, calloused skin being a reflexologist's nightmare).

    Anyway, given your last post on kleptomania in the grip of drunken stupor Charlie might have hit that area round the waist of your foot's sole, painful for you and him mumbling something about crunchy crystals in need to be dissolved. Hope you left him a button hole.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I shall store this info for the next time husband chops annoys me. A swift kick to the heel should sort him out hehehe x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You lost me at cheesy. In reality, I sanded and cleaned up my ex son-in-law's hoofs once. My husband and kids were headache prone and I always massaged their feet in hopes it would help. A pencil eraser helps to massage the pressure points. There is a product called Baby Feet that comes in a pair of plastic booties that you wear for an hour and it really works.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your heels are connected to your testicles? I don't get it. Did they use fishing line or something else to join up the two parts of the body?

    ReplyDelete
  16. No wonder I don't care about having my heels rubbed!!!The "balls" of my feet, well..nothing compares.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Next time, cut to the chase and get them to rub your bollocks if you have a heel problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...burst out laughing at this. Thanks, Tom!

      Delete
  18. I cannot bear having me feet touched so reflexology sounds like torture to me. Head Massage = heaven. I know nothing about this practice, but my husband suffers from excruciating pain in his heels sometimes...perhaps I should give his danglers a rub!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I suspect you were the most enthusiastic guinea pig they ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahhhhhhh. That's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love to have my feet rubbed after a big shop in the city :)
    How is George going?

    ReplyDelete
  22. That gave me a good laugh. I’m a massage therapist licensed by our state nursing board. Reflexology theory, to me, is bizarre but it seems to work - particularly useful for PTSD and some types of depression.

    ReplyDelete
  23. "Your bollocks"? - I hope it wasn't "You're bollocks"!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Does it work in reverse?

    ReplyDelete
  25. You said it to embarrass him?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Bet that young chap thinks of you often!
    Smile, smile . . .
    Great memory mention!

    ReplyDelete
  27. And i'm sure you've never been forgotten (as usual). I do not like having my feet touched.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have very tender feet (thanks Dad) so when I have gotten them massaged by reflexologists I had to grin and bare it till I relaxed somewhat. Then it felt SO GOOD. It's been a while.....

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes