I'm easily pleased!
For over seven years now ,I have followed the exploits of a group of apocalypse survivors in a savage world of zombies in the rural southern states of the United States and although I don't dress up as the crossbow welding redneck Daryl Dixon , like so many Walking Dead Geeks do, I am told I am just as obsessed with the show as a spotty teenager, with no mates could be.
Season 8 sees war break out between Negan and three of the new order communities, and in a complete contrast to the start of season 7, there is a wiff of hope in the air as Rick et al prepare to kick some ass.
There is some speech making, group hugs and plenty of action but it is the following small points that I found " interesting"
- The messaging between alter egos Daryl and Dwight provide an interesting mirroring between essentially the same character. I like the " softer" Daryl who is now more able to hug his friends
- Tara and her plastic specs amuse me, she and Jerry are the only characters that seem to own a sense of humour
- Carol on the overpass looks sadly at a graffiti flower ( ? Cherokee Rose!).....forshadowing?
- I noted Some nice moments between the minor characters before the action starts
- Why didnt anyone shoot negan when he appeared on the gantry?duh ?
- Negan's wisecracking is really getting on my tits
.but like all old friends, who sometimes disappoint you, its lovely to see them all back
I kinda liked it